2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Borders, language, culture
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my dad over to Sargent this morning. Got kind of a late start and didn't launch the boat until 9:00 or so. Found a few birds shortly after making our first stop. It was a small group of maybe four or five. Dad caught a sandy out of them and I caught a 14 15/16" speck. They broke up and we spent the next hour or so chasing 2 or 3 small groups of birds around in the same area. I caught 3 or 4 more specks that were 14 63/64" long and a 21" red. The few birds we saw eventually were all gone and we took off to points further west looking for more. I stopped in a couple of my favorite spots but drifting was near impossible due to the lack of wind. We headed back east doing some "rup" but to no avail. Called it an early day around noon and headed back to the ramp to get some chores done back at the house.

A side note I don't remember ever seeing as much bait as we did today. The bay was full of finger mullet every where we went along with shad. I know the slick conditions lets you see more bait swimming near the top, but beleive me, there was lots of it.

It was hot out there today. It needs to cool down before I make my next trip.

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,584 Posts
Stuart,
Too bad about the specs, but aleast you were able to take your pops out for a little fishing. Have you made it over to that reef we fished last year yet? I bet on a moving tide that place is on fire. I would try a morning wade along that reef or drift across the tops of that little set there.

Josh

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm hitting up galveston/san luis tonight and going wading in the morning. I hope the weather keeps up! I plan on stopping at Heartbreakers on the way there....hahahahah

·
Borders, language, culture
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neverenough said:
Stuart,
Too bad about the specs, but aleast you were able to take your pops out for a little fishing. Have you made it over to that reef we fished last year yet? I bet on a moving tide that place is on fire. I would try a morning wade along that reef or drift across the tops of that little set there.

Josh
We made it down there for a few minutes. We really didn't come prepared to wade and drifting it was impossible with the lack of wind. I'm with you. That should be a good place under the right conditions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts