2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the surf on the east end of Galveston. Water was sandy green and full of trout from 16" to 21". Caught them on speckled trout spook jr and black and silver she dog.

·
Too much wishin', not enough fishin'
510 Posts
Strange morning...

Nice weather on the drive down (from west Pearland) and on the drive home, but right around the Galveston Causeway the rain was heavy enough both times that you had to slow down and put the WS wipers on high speed.

I fished the surf at the west end of the Galveston seawall and only managed two specks (16.5 and 18) in two hours, both on chartreuse 52 MR Mirrolures. The water was murky green, only about a foot of visibility. Did not see anyone else with a bent rod. Lots of small baitfish, snagged a couple.

Next time should be better! TL's

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
I fished access 5 and caught three trout in two hours. It was real slooooooow. Ironic, I advised a 2cooler new to the surf to go wade East Beach.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Fished off 61st had 3 blowups on a black/char skitterwalk before the sun came up. Chased off to the truck by some heavy rain for 30+ minutes, threw a mirrodine for 45 minutes with no takers, and I was out of the water by 8 to run some errands. Very little water moving, but lots of bait. Mabey tomorrow morning?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Caught a limit by 10am this morning some where near the pass all on blk/org/gld 52MR. Every one I could see had fish on I will be back again tomorrow. Hope they will still be there!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts