2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Roll Tide!
15,791 Posts
They are different, but I'm not sure one is better than the other.

·
Banned
3,906 Posts
Depends entirely upon the rainfall. But, I feel that East Bay is more consistent year after year for big trout (if we are talking about the Galveston area).

·
Catch a New Personal - Learn How!
12,640 Posts
Yes, depends on the rainfall. In wet years West bay can be great, also that is what makes it good for winter months as well in most years.

In drier years east and trinity are great.

I personally tend to head east

·
Registered
73 Posts
I prefer East bay and Trinity as well. I think there are fewer boats in East for one thing, but that might just be my opinion also I like it because it's easier to navigate...which is always nice

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
It has been said many times on this very website...There are no fish in West Bay.

12lb

·
Registered
13 Posts
With the right wind (SE) the West Bay south shoreline is good as well as along ICW around Greens & Carankawa Cuts in winter...

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I prefer West Bay. Both shorelines can be productive and protected from strong winds. Chocolate Bayou always produces if you can't find fish. Also a big fan of the boat lanes that lead to the SLP, if you don't get run over.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Both

Both bay are great bays. I fish both on a regular basics and have found many days that I fish both. East bay is a bay that we deeper and offers miles of shoreline unobstructed my development. West bay is shallower, but has twice the amount of mud to hold the heat for winter time fishing. With all the development on the South shoreline the outer flats near the deep canals can hold nice fish for early summer wades.

If I had to vote for just one I would say West Bay. East bay is not far behind though.

Capt. Robert Liebert
www.greenwaterguideservice.com
(281)-799-5728

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I fish bays depending on the seasons. To me west bay is a winter time spot for drifting and wading while east I will only wade in the winter. East bay has most of my attention the rest of the year. If I had to fish 1 bay the rest of my life it would definitely be East Galveston Bay.

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
it all depends where you go in west bay,as in 'X',marks,,,,,the secret spot.me and a friend filled the box a few times last.......may through sept.....but each to their own, if you don't think there are any fish there,guess that leaves more for the next time we go to SLP,,,,, some were on live,some on gulp and some on touts,and of course you'll need to walk at least 3/4 mile to the 'X' marks the spot......one way

1 - 14 of 14 Posts