2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Income Magician
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeff W and I were running back from Hannahs Reef yesterday and were just on the East side of the large group of gas platforms(around the seperator) and came up on two sets of pvc pipes staked out in two even lines about 200 yards long each running north to south about 150 yards apart. They were all painted with red and blue bands on them.

We were not sure what they were designating. I slowed down to get an accurate view of the bottom on the sonar and found no change in bottom structure. My first reaction was to go around the whole mess of them but curiousity got the better of me and we idled through them. Should have taken a picture but camera was in the truck.

Anybody seen these? They are not the typical plain white pvc markers that are all over the place near Smith Point and Hannahs.

By the way, what is the deal with Hannahs in the last few weeks. Nothing but monster Gaftop roaming that reef. Picked up a 5 1/2 pounder yesterday and another one three weeks ago. Where did the game fish go. Or better yet. I know where they can be found, but why are they gone from Hannahs?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Sounds like they is fixing to some seismic work like they did in west bay years ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts