2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Catch a New Personal - Learn How!
12,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slammed 'em this morning 6:30am till 1:30. Caught 22 with 10 keepers 16 -21".

Mid bay reefs by the PVC pipes ;-) keying on slicks, 6' over shell, water was nice...not that I think it mattered.

Shrimp under a comal rattler, no weight, 18-24" leader; also gulp shrimp under a mauler finished off the limit.

The fish are hanging right under the surface. At first I started with a 4'leader and split shot...nada. Shortened the leader and removed the split and bam. Same on the gulps, when I ran out of live shrimp I started throwing the gulp without the mauler...nada....put it under the mauler 18" and instant success. A guide fished next to me for a bit without maulers and they caught a few but I was getting bites every other cast at this point. They left, I stayed and kept working over the fish. each time I would make a pass and get a bite I would mark it with the GPS... started making a group and focus on that area to grind it out. Quite a few sandies mix in as well.

Also, the 21" fish had to be the FATTEST 21 incher I have ever seen...she was pushing 4 1/2 pounds.

Fresh fish anyone?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
darn you have too much detail , why arent you like some guys just say caught them in water in texas. good job , i was out there and had 7 because i got in the water at 830 kinda late .. too many glass minows in the water
greenies for good detail

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice report. Good to see some fish finally arriving in the mid-bay reefs. Sounds like some salt has returned to the area after these recent 2 foot tide movements.

G

·
Pvc?

Great report and nice catch! I'm going to be on East Bay from Friday till Thursday with family and friends and really would like to put us on some fish. I understand the maulers and live shrimp, we did well on them last year on the middle reefs from Hannas eastward, (hannas was really crowded last year at this time last year), but which pipes , seem that all the reefs were marked with pvc. I guess I maybe asking too much, don't want to be a potlicker, I fish Sabine and not overly familiar with East Bay. Looking forward maybe running into some of the local 2Coolers, I'm staying in a cabin by Stingaree's and run a white Bluewave 213 Pulse. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts