2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to get out with a good friend of mine, Wes. Wes wanted to take his boat, needed to blow the cob webs out. And blow them out we did. First stop was the Hog Pins. Wes threw soft plastics while I threw Top Waters. Well I got 1 blow up right in front of me and I bet it was a 13" trout from what I could see and that was it. Went out to Hanna's with nothing to show. We even bought live shrimp for back up and nada. Left there and went to a spot by the Jetties and after numerous attempts with soft plastics, I went to shrimp and immediately hooked up with a keeper trout and Wes followed and then that was it. Went out to Bolivar pocket with no luck and then to the Jetties. Only thing out at the Jetties was
,couldn't even catch a red with shrimp! Went back to where we caught the trout earlier and nothing on plastics or shrimp under a cork, I decided to throw shrimp with some weight and BINGO! The fish were on the bottom. Ended the day with 9 keeper Trout to 18" with lots of throw backs. Did a lot of running, but had a great day with a good friend (that works too much) that needed a break from the work routine.

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deep Reef

Robert, we didn't hit any other reefs due to it seemed that the bay was still a little fresh at Hannas (or at least on top anyway) so we wanted to go more towards the channel to get to more salty water. I also went boat riding Saturday in Trinity. Took the Family to Double Bayou Landing for lunch and then went swimming at Ven-et Tun's and the water was very fresh all the way to Smiths Point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts