2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out yesterday to do a little scouting and try some of the areas that had been a little to fresh. Started out at Smith Point, water looked good but didn't get a bite. Moved over to van-et-tun area lots of mullet but no bites there either. Moved to the north shore of East Bay and had two good hook ups on plum asassin, one came out of the water shook it's head and lure goes flying about 6 feet in the air. She was a very big Trout. No more bites there so moved to Hannas and right away caught and released a nice 23" trout again on plum asassin, right on the edge of the reef in about 7' of water, had one more hook up but quick released its self and then no more bites. Moved to some gas wells and the bite was on. Fished where it went from 15' up to 10', caught about 10 more trout, released all but 5, caught 1 big 23" sheepshead, released and a little sand shark that thought it was a tarpon. It put on an aireal (sp) display that was real funny to watch. Finally boated him and then released. All fish on the wells came on live shrimp, free lined. Tried to post some pics but my computer is not letting me, will post some up later.

·
Twisted Fisher
279 Posts
Nice report Capt. Sounds like you had to do a bit of running but made it pay off. Some day I'll have the guts to do some running around, right now I have a few places that I know they will visit......eventually, but it's hard to wait em out.

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
GREAT ....that is my stomping grounds....glad to see the bay is getting some salt in it.
Might try some of my spots on Sun. after the Pro Am
joker

·
Registered
50 Posts
glad to hear the fresh water is moving out

Hey Doug, glad you got out. Tell your friends at American Rodsmiths their APEX Titanium can catch some really big reds. It got a workout. I'm headed down to Port O this weekend to fish a trip I bought at my last CCA banquet. Also dropping my boat and what is left of my Yamaha at Ronnie's for a rebuild. Had a group out two weeks ago, launched from Thompson's in Baytown and melted the top two pistons at the boat cut in the North jetty. It was an intresting trip back to the ramp. About a half mile from the camp it froze up and had to come in on the trolling motor. Hell of a sight. Hopefully I'll be back up in a few weeks. Later, Capt. Kyle.

·
Member and Parrothead
67 Posts
East Bay

Hey CaptDoug,
Were you around the wells north of Redfish Island? We were there Friday night with the live shrimp and nada! At least the full moon was neat.

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Saint, That's actually the first spot I checked and didn't do anything there either. The ones on the other side of the channel are holding fish. I used to catch a lot of fish on the channel right on front of Redfish Island, I tried that area too and it has changed quite a bit and didn't even get a bite. Kyle that rod is awesome isn't it. I love both of mine. I've had the 7' med. lite, but just got a 6'6" light that is so light it is amazing. Dave told me about your motor, that sucks. Hope you get it back soon and hope your trip in POC is a good one. We need to get out one day soon, it's starting to really pick up in the bays. Man, from Thompsons to the north jetty is quite a run!

·
Registered
117 Posts
WOW! Lookit that water...

Thanks for the update. I've seen all I need to see - green water in the vicinity of my favorite area. I will attack at dawn...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts