2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Charter Member
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished East Bay today with a friend from work. Lots of yucky water from Hannah's west, somewhat better as we went east towards Fat Rat Pass. Managed several nice fat specks and one flounder. All fish caught drift fishing plastics over shell reefs. Oh, and my friend did the catchin'. I just fished! :(

Lots of boats on the water. We were amongst 28 at one time. Not a whole lot of catching going that I could see.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Hmmm, my phone musta been off the hook! LOL

Glad you got out Mike. I think I remember where the ramp is. I at least put the charger on my batteries the other day. Does that count? Glad ya'll got a few fish bud.

Zac

·
Charter Member
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ramp was under water...

the parking lot was too. Robbins Point Park, that is. High tide? Trinity River run-off? The entire parking area except for some freshly spread oyster shell was about 3 inches deep.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Mikey, Good Job!

All indications from my studies of tide charts show great fishing (the best trout fishing of this quarter) over the next week. It's always this good - the last ten days of May...IF the water is OKAY. Even still I'd make a go for it soon if I could. These are good days and strong multiple tide changes each day. I wish SLP Pier was finished. I'd use a solid white M4 MirroLure as the surf breaks at around the first or second light just around midnight. Whew!! ComeFrom?

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Looks like I need to make some plans CF

Ten day forecast looks very promising as far as getting galveston bay turned around and back in good fishing shape. I may just have to take advantage of some good looking weather next week and get my fill before I turn it over to the Holiday crowd.

Z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts