2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our boat was in the dry storage at eagle point,had to show proof to get into San Leon.Officer laughed and said good luck finding your boat.Rounded the corner and was susprised to see the sheds intact.Some are messed up but ours was fine.Before leaving the good folks there put bolts in the top and bottom of the doors so we could not get in,plus the lock was rusted but we could see the boat through the cracks.The marina and wet storage is gone,all of San Leon is a mess.I will miss top water grill also. We were lucky,my thoughts and prayers go out to all those that lost homes and boats.
I feel very grateful to be a Texan and an American.
Stayed with my daughter in Austin durning the storm and have been having 2cool withdraws,am on a borrowed laptop,still no power.Good luck to you all.Be safe.
Cindy

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Glad that you and boat made it ok, hard to imagine the damage...I launched there at least once a week.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I took my boat back to my storage unit at EP yesterday and the LEO's just waved me through. I also delivered 20 gallons of gas to a friend who lives in the area too. My stall had a layer of dried up mud on the floor. Skeeters were pretty bad too! You could almost weight them if you killed one. Some of the stalls I noticed had the steel removed where the lock normal goes. The doors were still shut, but I found that odd.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts