2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Not on call Steve!!
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we debated on trying to go at all, but I wanted to do a little fishing for my father for part of his Father's Day gift. We drove around and finally called 3 Amigos to see if they had any shrimp. Of course they said,"No". And he informed me that nobody has bait anywhere, including Eagle Point. Well, after that we decided to go to the Texas City Dike and check on the bait supply. Arrived there during some wind and rain and bought a couple dozen croakers. I decided after looking at the rain and wind to head back towards Eagle Point. Got there and launched with no rain. Headed over to Redfish Island and sat for about 10 minutes. After watching the skies I figured it would be best to head closer to shore. So, we ended up being right outside the entrance of the Eagle Point Bait Camp, whom actually had shrimp and croakers. Found out you don't want to believe what the other bait stores are saying. (Thanks 3 Amigos!! for nothing) Anyway, we ended up catching 4 nice trout, 6 stingrays, 2 crabs, and several hardheads. We did run out of croakers at one point, but Eagle Point Bait Camp hooked us up with more. The best thing out of the whole trip was I caught my personal best trout at 21" in this great weather. Like they always say,"you seem to catch fish when you least expect it".
Now I'm ready to fish my work's fishing tournament this saturday and whip some butt.
Till next time....
Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Way to go on the PB

Great news on the personal best SeaHunt! I am watching the weather closely tonight as I have plans to launch out of Eagle Point first thing tomorrow morning. I have never launched there before and this will really be my first time fishing in this area. Looking forward to it - as long as the rain holds off!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Ahhh steve, come on =(. You were probably talking to dale his uncle owns eagle point and they prob didnt have any bait. We are trying our best at the momment to get bait but our shrimpers are retarted lol. Nice fish

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
before you run to eagle point you need to know this. once you cross the channel you are in bad water with pips and hazard .

The oil companies have removed many well heads by cutting the top part and leaving the sharp pips in the water . Go slow and look hard for them .

·
Not on call Steve!!
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
boashna said:
before you run to eagle point you need to know this. once you cross the channel you are in bad water with pips and hazard .

The oil companies have removed many well heads by cutting the top part and leaving the sharp pips in the water . Go slow and look hard for them .

And for the reef that's just under the surface of the water which is straight out from the Eagle Point Bait Camp. There's a tall marker pole on the west side. It has a half moon shape to it.
Thanks everyone.
Steve

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you are going north towards Kemah no problem 5-6' all the way.
If your heading east toward east bay head out toward the first rig then swing back toward the ship channel.
If your heading toward moses lake you can hang a right and go between the bank and that first pole the he was talking about. Be careful from that pole out,
that is Todds dump, heavy on the dump,check it out on low tide in the winter.
Also one more thing to watch out for, the new redfish island is not as big as the old one, DO NOT ANCHOR on the south side. If you sit back and watch when a ship goes by it creates a huge wave coming across the old island that will flip your boat.I've seen boats get pounded that are anchored to close to Todds dump.Hope this helps somebody. Ron

·
Dickinson
2,529 Posts
Rhino,
Thanks for the details.
Y'know what would be great? If one of our graphically inclinded members would take a map and highlight some prefered paths.
What a great group!

Steve, It wasn't long ago that you were complaining because you couldn't catch a trout. Now you're going to win the company cup? That's quite an improvement. Let's do the offshore buddy boat thing soon, dude.

·
Allergic to Work
339 Posts
Been there!!! There is nothing worse than being near Todds dump or Redfish island and seeing a 4-5 foot wave coming at ya! Your mind starts racing as you scramble for a safe place to hold on.

·
Not on call Steve!!
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anomaly said:
Been there!!! There is nothing worse than being near Todds dump or Redfish island and seeing a 4-5 foot wave coming at ya! Your mind starts racing as you scramble for a safe place to hold on.
LOL!! Yeah, there is a sandbar or reef that sticks way out from the southwest of the base of the island (I think). If you are close to the end of the jetty of Redfish Island you are pretty safe. It's when you get a little farther north is when it gets shallow.
Steve

·
Not on call Steve!!
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
podnuh said:
Rhino,
Thanks for the details.
Y'know what would be great? If one of our graphically inclinded members would take a map and highlight some prefered paths.
What a great group!

Steve, It wasn't long ago that you were complaining because you couldn't catch a trout. Now you're going to win the company cup? That's quite an improvement. Let's do the offshore buddy boat thing soon, dude.
We need to do this before the summer is out!! One of those flat days would be nice. Next time it looks doable for me I give you a holler.
Steve
BTW, I'm hoping to win the company tournament, but most people are going with a guide. What bragging rights I would have if I won. LOL!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts