2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a couple of friends out fishing on Saturday. Left Eagle Point with live croaker at around 5:45am. We fished my usuall spots and only came up with 6 specs for the day. We had several nibbles and good tugs but came up empty for most of the day with not a lot of takers. David made a comment that is why this sport is call Fishing and not Catching. LOL

David did manage to catch a nice 24" spec. Kent hooked up with a big Spec but unfortunately it made a run under the boat and broke the line. I hooked up with a Spec that broke water twice but I lost him about 25 feet away from the boat due to using an old hook. I've learned my lesson that I will change my hooks regularly.

Sorry Anna for coming up empty for the day. I guess you get to go diving in the water!

Here are a few pics.

·
Registered
634 Posts
glad y'all caught a some! Heard it was a good day but not great. I got out in the evening and got skunked!

Congrats.

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
It was a absolute pleasure to fish with you and Kent. That fish Kent lost was a sure bet for the STAR board.

Grilled up the 24 inch trout today in a simple fresh garlic rub with onions then topped with Emerial's essence and wrapped it in al foil with some olive oil.

It just keeps getting better.....

Looking forward to the next outing....

FishOn

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
It was a great day on the water. Nice to meet you Dave and thanks again to JR for taking us out.

Fried them up for my wife's Grandparents Sunday night (along with some shrimps) and they were in HEAVEN. We also baked a couple fillets in the oven with cream cheese and parmesan cheese...it was awesome as well. Her grandparents don't live down here, so fresh trout is quite a treat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts