2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member when we usta.......?
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see many Eagle FF/GPS on saltwater rigs. They're all over the place in the fresh. I have Lowrance now but am thinking of going to a color gps. Anyone know the difference besides power on the sonar? The Eagles seem to run about 10% cheaper with similar features. No Garmin, please.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,160 Posts
Eagle is the child company of Lowrance...

Lowrance has better screens, Eagle is cheaper for the same unit...

Let me know if you have any other questions....

John

·
Member when we usta.......?
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I realized that they were the same company. I was guessing like Cadillac/Chevy. How are the screens different? Is there more to it than the pixel count? I love the picture on my x012c. I would hate to sacrifice any part of that.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,160 Posts
Eagle uses an active matrix screen on some units and Lowrance uses an SVGA liquid crystal TFT display.....
that is the major difference... and the reason Lowrance screens are as clear s they are....

John

·
Roll Tide!
15,787 Posts
I have a two year old Lowrance color GPS and a new Eagle B&W FF (replaced a 6 year old Lowrance FF). I have had zero problems with any of them in strictly saltwater use.

The only reason I replaced the old FF was the the connections on the back of the unit literally wore down to the point that they wouldn't stay plugged in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts