2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
<------my fishing buddy
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading down to the bay this Sat morning with my dad and our boat. Has anyone been doing any good down there the last few days ??? If anyone is going to be putting in at the Caney Creek Marina this Sat morning post up so I can say hi.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Motownfire, we will be there tonite, putting in at CC Marina Sat. morning. If i see ya we will give you a shout -----SargentfishR 19ft. Blue Wave, center console.

·
<------my fishing buddy
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok cool, I will keep an eye out for ya. You can't miss my boat it's camo. Or maybe you won't see it due to the camo.........

·
Registered
776 Posts
guys please post a report, if possible, on the water conditions in the east end for me. I am debating on dropping the johnboat in and fishing back there or hitting G-town with some friends this Sunday. I know it wont be pretty in the east end but I gotta have at least some visibility.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Nothing wrong with sandy water, specially this time of year. Dont let that water fool ya, water clarity bothers us much more than it bothers the fish. Go with darker colors,"black" preferabley, and you'll be fine.
I'll be in the east end Sunday, muddy water or not. The water is always dirty back in there. your right, the fish dont mind.

·
All work n no play
2,380 Posts
We fished on wed afternoon and Thursday afternoon.We saw the most mullet on the south shorelines on the east end. Found birds mostly on the west-- out in the middle. We also found a group of birds at live oak with some of the biggest sand trout I have ever seen under them. Still learning the bay and not sure if this will help you. The water on the east end was not as "pretty" but once you bailed out, and started looking at it it was actually pretty clean.
East end Wed eve.
Pink skitters right on the grass accounted for a few 20-22 specs and some rats. Got bit and lost a 23 at the Boca on a chart devil eye. Lost some good fish I never saw on corkies of different colors. Got some slaps on a blue/chrome SS. The floating grass on the east end made things a little more difficult.
We went west the next moring and caught a few. It seem like the bait was out deeper the farther west we went. We tried to wade in the hog island area and Eidelbach (sp) but just were not feeling it in these areas because we were not seeing the bait in tight to the shore.
Like I said we are still learning, hope this helps.

·
There's no time like overtime!
8,929 Posts
Dang, how else am I supposed to keep ya'll out of my spots? :) Okay, forget the muddy water... there's tons of boat eating sharks in the East end....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts