2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
the love of my life
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well over the years-- i have owned all kinds of vaccum cleaners--never really being happy with any of them---well im in the market for a new vaccum cleaner--u see the commercials--but really ----will they clog--so far every vaccum cleaner i have owned clogges--do the dysons really work--also it looks like there are 5 million to choose from --which do i choose--also compared to reg vaccum cleaners the are on the pricy side--i could get a couple of realllly nice rods and reel combos for a dyson--do u know of any deals out there--i was thinkin ebbay-what do u think:eek:h:

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
yep i got one, i had long hair, my dog has med length hair and the wife has long hair.

why you ask am i telling you this, well its the carpet roller/brush that literally fills up with hair, carpet fibers, etc.

and you must remove it cut/pull the stuff off the brush and it will work fine but to answer your question , no it dont clog.

its a strong vac.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yes they work, have had mine for 2 years and love it. The different models are based on the accessories it comes with and then there is the Animal (I have this one) it is designed for pet owners. If I could get a new one now I would probable get the ball because I like the idea. They are very sturdy and versatile compared to many vacuumes I have had.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bought one two and a half years ago and it's the best vacuum we've ever had. We've had hoovers, eureka's and Kirby and none as good as the Dyson. Doesn't clog and works like a charm. Makes a god awful noise if you catch something in the roller but, clears easily and goes back to sucking.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
We've had a Dyson for about 3 yrs. and it's great. It doesn't clog but the carpet aggitator/brush does fill with hair and need to be cleaned and cut all the hair off, then it goes back to working great.

·
wishin I was fishin
1,283 Posts
There are much better vacuums out there for the money. Dyson is a decent machine at best. I own a vacuum store so I know a thing or two about this.. The brush on the dyson is plastic and about 1" x 1/2" and it spins at only 2000 RPMS. will it pick up the pet hair.. yes but it takes about 4-5 passes before it gets everything up. They do have good suction no doubt about that but what cleans carpet is agitation.. Really do yourself a favor and read the consumer reports.. They hate the dyson.. You will find all kinds of info out there some from biased owners which paid 500 dollars for them so they convince themselves they are great machines.. And then some from previous owners that just get disgusted with the performance so they finally gave up. Brush rollers snap. Housings melt and warp causing leakage. There is no Dyson store so when it fails you box it up and send it off and they will fix it or send you a refurb.. Believe me they have PLENTTTY of refurbs.. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask but Dyson would be a good value at $100 dollars.. Not at 3-500..

good luck

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I have to second all the Dyson owners out there... I have nothing but good things to say about it, and Robul, I'm not doing it just to convince myself that its good to justify the expense.

My wife bought one for our new house 3 years ago and I freaked when I saw how much she paid for it from Overstock.com. I couldn't imagine a vacum costing that much. I had always been used to the old Hoovers and other brands that required the extra expense of vacum bags and broke down consistantly and I had to take to vacum shoppes like the one owned by Robul for repair and service. At first I was waiting for it to break down to tell my wife, "I told you so..", but it hasn't. It is the best vacum cleaner we've ever owned. Works well on carpet, tile and wood floors... Also, the extensions on that deal work too!

I don't know the model, but will get it and post it up. Go with the Dyson, you won't be disappointed.

·
wishin I was fishin
1,283 Posts
Sorry buddy but my store is a Specialty store. I dont service Dyson here nor do I sell them here.. But im sure you can make a few calls to the stores in your area and ask them what they think about Dyson.. I never said they where terrible machines I said You could buy a better machine for the $$.. If you want to spend 400 dollars for a machine that should be priced at 129 more power to you.. But just so you know that extra $$ just pays for that marketing. Just read the Consumer reports... Dont believe me Iv only been doing this for 15 years.. Good luck in whatever you decide..

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Robul,

I read your post and didn't think you serviced Dyson's, I mean you said you have to send them off to get serviced... I'm presuming that you service some types of machines and referenced that I've taken my fair share of Hoovers and other brands to stores simliar to yours. I didn't know you owned a speciality vacum shop. To be honest with you, I didn't know they existed...

Either way, as a Dyson owner (which is what the thread calls for) I haven't had any problems with the Dyson whatsoever and it works better than any vacum cleaner we've owned. But please only take that for what its worth, I mean I don't shop at speciality vacum shops or anything...

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
I bought one at Lowes last year. I dont recall the model but it was the largest one in stock. About $500

I have a Bernese Mountain Dog that sheds so bad it looks like the aftermath of a barber sending in recruits to the army almost daily.

The vacuum is great and I'm glad I spent the money. I would buy another Dyson

·
Banned
938 Posts
robul said:
Sorry buddy but my store is a Specialty store. I dont service Dyson here nor do I sell them here.. But im sure you can make a few calls to the stores in your area and ask them what they think about Dyson.. I never said they where terrible machines I said You could buy a better machine for the $$.. If you want to spend 400 dollars for a machine that should be priced at 129 more power to you.. But just so you know that extra $$ just pays for that marketing. Just read the Consumer reports... Dont believe me Iv only been doing this for 15 years.. Good luck in whatever you decide..
You seem to not like nor recommend Dyson obviously by your post yet you fail to mention just which Brands you sell or recommend.

So maybe instead of dissing Dyson and bragging about your store you can help us out by giving good suggestions to models you sell for 400.00 that are way better than dyson.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts