2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That was the best show I have seen in a long time. He hit the stage playing and will still rockin' 2 hours later and very little time spent BS'ing.

The Arena is a great place to see a concert. Good acoustics, no outside noises, you don't have to worry about the weather, no bad seats and, most importantly (at least in my experiences) when the music starts the audience usually shuts up and listens. Still can't do anything about the $7.50 beer, though.

Add in the Prime Rib French Dip at Houston's before the show and this was a great was to spend a Saturday evening.

·
388 Posts
Sure would like to have seen that.

I grew up in Mississippi and wouldn't dare say such a thing there, but I do like Dwight Yoakam's cover of Suspicious Minds a little more than the Elvis version.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
SmithEC, I'm with you on Suspicious Minds. I saw him at a radio station benefit, KLOS in LA which is a rock station, and this country boy set them on fire with his version. He played it twice and had the crowd sing along the second time.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What arena? I like his music.
The Arena Theater, just off the Southwest Freeway in Sharpstown. It's a round auditorium with a revolving stage. 22 rows, 15 sections and hold's about somewhere in the neighborhood of 3K people. It's a great venue.

·
Hunting the Sith...
6,022 Posts
**** I have been wanting to see him in concert.

·
Hat Creek Cattle Company, Porch Office.
707 Posts
He's a strange dude but you can not say he don't sing country music, I got several of his CD's and it sounds like Dwight sings Buck needs to be the new one for me :D:D:D

I will say he was funny as hell in "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada"

·
I Member Like It Was Yesterday
3,473 Posts
He's a strange dude but you can not say he don't sing country music, I got several of his CD's and it sounds like Dwight sings Buck needs to be the new one for me :D:D:D

I will say he was funny as hell in "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada"
Did you notice Levon Helm (the band) as the old man with the radio?

·
Hat Creek Cattle Company, Porch Office.
707 Posts
I saw that and knew him from his music studio... His part was dang good in that movie!!!!

·
We're on borrowed time, roll with it.
749 Posts
Love Dwight, but

I grew up in Mississippi and wouldn't dare say such a thing there, but I do like Dwight Yoakam's cover of Suspicious Minds a little more than the Elvis version.
:eek: Wahaat?! :smile:Elvis Rules:smile:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts