2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Vendor
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Dwayne down Sunday afternoon for an afternoon of hunting. His goal was to kill his first deer, boy did we accomplish that!! He met me at the ranch a little after lunch and we headed out to see what was up and moving around since it was an overcast day with a full moon. We didn't make it far before we spotting a group of does up and feeding. We moved into position and I set Dwayne up with the shooting sticks for about a 50 yard shot. He placed a perfect shot on the doe and my 25-06 did the rest. It was 1:30 and we had a doe on ice and heading in to grab a bite to eat and watch the games. Dwayne was so excited and hooked that we decided to go back out after lunch to see what was happening and do a little feeder hopping. First feeder we arrived at had 5-7 60-80lb hogs feeding under it and Dwayne's face lit up. I got him into position and he dropped one of the bigger black hogs out of the group. As we made our way towards the next feeder, the hogs had already finished eating and were headed back to bed up when they crossed in front of us about 100yards. We quickly got into position and Dwayne laid the hammer on one at about 75 yards as they made their way across a clearing. 45 minutes and we had 2 hogs down and still plenty of time before dark to make one last stop. As we headed towards the last feeder, I caught movement off to my left, I quickly realized it was a doe at about 40 yards and quickly got the shooting sticks ready and Dwayne got set up and placed another perfect shot. As we headed in, Dwayne couldn't have been smiling any bigger, on a day that started out trying to accomplish one task, we greatly out did ourselves! With all the rain, the hogs are everywhere and really starting to hit the feeders consistently. Get in touch with us if you are interested in getting in on some of the action!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts