2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gotta be 5 o'clock somewhere
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a weekend trip out to Duncan's House for 2 nights with a bunch of friends. This is a trip 3 months in the making and didn't disappoint. First time we do it in the summer and will probably make it an annual ritual. We're usually out there in late March but decided to get out again. Here is a pic of the results. 10 reds & 15 trout.

Attachments

·
Team Hi-Rev
1,721 Posts
I fished for three days with Doug Dunkin out of the Dunkin house two summers ago. This guy is one of the best sight fishermen I've ever seen. We caught more redfish than we could count and most of them were sight casted. He said he does the same for huge trout in the winter months and I'd like to try that sometime. All of the fishing is really close and if you stay more than one day, you get some great meals from his cook. A little pricey, but if you've got the cash, it's worth it for the experience. Great place for a nice sized group so you can have the place to yourself. I think he can sleep atleast 15.

·
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It can actually sleeps 24 and that's what we had Friday, Saturday, & Sunday(9 boats). Like I said, my buddy and I worked for 3 months to set it up and worked out great. About the price, I think it's not too bad, but we did our own fishing(no guiding). Where else in this area can you wake up in the morning in the middle of the water. As for the cook, Alfredo, he cooks some mean entrees but you'll have to bring the food.

·
Team Hi-Rev
1,721 Posts
That explains why our trip was on the pricey side. They supplied all of the food, drink and preparation of all meals and we had two guides each day, Dunkin and another guy named Tony. One day we even had fresh blue crab. We came in from a morning of fishing and one of Dunkin's crabbing acquaintences dropped off a 100 qt cooler full of live blue crab on his way in from checking traps....can't get any better than that!

·
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doug does do his own guiding with clients. Some personal friends of mine(guides) help him guide when he has a full house. We left yesterday at noon and he was coming in with a crew of about 22 out of towners.

·
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
80% we caught with plastics and the rest with dead shrimp(actually bought live but died pretty quick). We didn't fish under the lights but others did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts