2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Galbayfisher
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a cruise later this year and looking to get a DSLR. Looking for something over 10 megpix. Wanted to get your opinions from those of you who own the Nikons, Canons, Fujis or Kodaks that fit this criteria. thanks
:smile:

·
I shoot sensor bunnies TFP.
753 Posts
10 MP +?

Best value out there right now is the Fuji S3, $1200-$1300 at B&H. 12.4 MP. Take a look at dpreview.com on the Fuji DSLR forum to see the quality of the photographs with this camera. You'll also notice quite a few folks shooting both the D200 for speed, but the S3 for IQ and DR.

The Fuji is fairly slow, 1.8 fps, but the IQ makes up for it. For a cruise? Possibly the best bet for under $2000. I've played with a borrowed one once. I'm ordering mine a little later this month.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I love my D2x (Nikon). The price is coming down a little on these now since the D2Xs has been released. It's the same camera with a few firmware upgrades and longer lasting batteries, but I think it is more of a marketing upgrade than anything. The new battery is the only 'new' feature I think is a big improvement, but is it that big of a difference if you get 2400 shots vs. 3800 per charge? I have a second battery that will probably never be used! Cheap glass will really become more apparent with this camera, so that is a major consideration.

·
I shoot sensor bunnies TFP.
753 Posts
Your best bet, go to local camera shops and get a feel for all of the models you're considering. What looks good at dpreview or gets rave reviews at cNet might not be the camera that feels the best to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts