2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
One more cast....
11,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pull 68# only because thats what it was at when i bought it, but was thinking about dropping to 60#. Just curious what others are pulling.

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,214 Posts
I also pull 68#s... I would crank it up higher but thats all shes got :D.

One more twist of the string and I could probably get 70.

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
I shoot 63# and it is as low as it can go. I had it up to 73 but I dont feel I need any higher than 63#. It is plenty fast and goes right through. Easier to draw when excited, the better!!!

If you want to drop to 60 go ahead that is still plenty. I felt 73 was overkill.

·
Proud Navy Father AND Grandfather
9,095 Posts
58# here,i feel less poundage = less vibration/shock and ultimately Noise! Stealth will beat speed any time! when i was in my early 20's i felt maxed out bows was where it were at Lol!

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Recurve 55# @ 28" with a 29 1/2" draw

·
Registered
307 Posts
82#'s That is what it has been since they strung it. I wouldn't mind backin it off a little but dont want to sacrifice speed. I dont have enough experience with them to know the benefit or draw back either way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I shoot traditional archery bows, recurves and longbows. My two recurves are: 42# @ 30" & 37# @ 30". My hybrid longbow is 41# @ 30". I've been shooting light poundage trad bows for decades. They all get pass throughs on deer since I shoot heavy aluminum arrows with 2 blade glue on broadheads. My favorite broadhead was a 145 grain Bear Razorhead, but since those broadheads aren't made anymore, I've switched to a 145 grain STOS broadhead.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm pulling 65 now,but gonna back off to 60.Lower is better for me.I shot it at 60 all the way to 73 and speed wasn't that much differant.280 fps at 73 lbs and 272 at 60.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts