2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the drag sticking after a while on my Curados. I Use the Shimano drag grease but it doesn't seem to help. I can't seem to get it back to near the original smooth pull the drag should have. Could I be applying the grease wrong? Any suggestions or is there a web site that gives step by step instructions on cleaning a Curado?

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
replace the drag washer and see if it helps... use lots and lots of grease rubbed into the material.. don't be skeered

·
Registered
115 Posts
yes replace the fiber drag waher and the two concave drag washers but only put the shimano drag grease around the big crank gear. if you have any more problems call me we together try to figure it out.
Thanks Mike( Mikes Fishing Reel Repair)
[email protected]
281 427 1624

·
But, I live in Bayou Vista!
1,642 Posts
Are you going all the way into the drag to lube it? There is one drag washer under the main gear, and another that sits inside the main gear. It is very hard to over lube them.

The washer under the star drag with felt on one side (on top of the spring washers) has nothing to do with the drag setting. It only makes the star drag turn smoothly. I have seen more than one person lube the heck out of that one, thinking they were lubing the drag.

I hope this helps.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts