2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
never seen 'em used, but someone told me their were illegal. is this true??

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
from the annual:

"Decoys may be used to hunt game animals and game birds, except that no person may use live decoys when hunting migratory birds."

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I used them last year and the doves were landing in the side of the tree that had them in it.

There is even a robo-dove decoy with spinning wings.

Attachments

·
Mostest Bestest Member Ever!
5,045 Posts
Hey Pat, which tree did you put them in? We put them on the back fence line Wed and they didn't seem to help a bit.

BTW - There are a few birds out there but not a ton. Over the course of the afternoon, we went through a box of shells and saw maybe 50 - 75 birds with about 1/2 those flying across the place behind there.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Hey B!

Actually this was out at Kelsey's last year and not Limey's. That pasture behind Limey's seems to be a major flyway...He says we can get permission to hunt it so we need to work on that. I've sat there on that fence line and watched them barrel down that other pasture. I was going to take the kids out there this weekend but Shelly said there was not much action. Glad you got to heat up your barrel!

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts

TexasDux said:
I used them last year and the doves were landing in
the side of the tree that had them in it.
Dux, how many doves did you shoot off the tree? :slimer: LOL

MEGABITE

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks, didn't think so, but this guy was sure. also can't believe i misused their instead of they're.

btw i had one group of buddies hunt n of katy/brookshire with gore and only managed 1-2 birds and very few shots. another group just west of ft worth got limits and another group nw of san antonio got limits.

maybe the birds are still north and will arrive in force for the s zone opening.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts