2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

doug pike

2K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  Wedge 
I haven't fished the Surfside jetties in the past couple or three years but I used to be somewhat of a regular down there before that. I meet Kenny Schupp there one June morning and he turned out to be one heck of a nice guy. There is very much a reason why his name is somewhere on the leader board almost every year. From the moment you spot him you just know he is all business and has his type of fishing refined to an art form. Yet he gladly took the time to answer all of my "how do ya know & where do ya" questions I asked him that morning.

I was only on the rocks for a couple of hours that morning and in that time period he never had a single bite even though a couple of people near him had strung several 16" - 18" trout apeace. You got to know though, when he gets bit, it's a serious bite.!

Personally, I enjoy "The Inside The Great Outdoors" show that Pike puts on every Saturday morning. I have e-mailed him several times regarding different hunting and fishing issues and he has always responded quickly right back to me. Besides, who here appreciates him about promising to never talk about Michael Jackson! LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.