2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

doug pike

2K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  Wedge 
#1 ·
did anyone else get a little tead off at last weeks outdoor section ole pike wrote last week about catching big trout. i've been reading his stuff for years and i've noticed one thing. he cant hold anything back. he tells the whole world everything. if i was schuppe i would be hot. telling the whole world how and where he caught his leading trout. that was unbelievable. and that aint the only time pike has done this. he does it all the time. especially about public hunting. its bad enuff to find a good spot to hunt , but when you find one he tells everyone. he writes some good stuff most of the time, but sometimes he goes to far, and this time along w/ a report he gave off a few years ago about some good duck hunts he has crossed the line.hes gone from writing a neat little story every week to just all out ruining a spot. i still cant believe he did that last week! unbelievable.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
well i hit the jetties every now and then and i know a guy who jetty fishes religously and i didnt know (never asked ) that they fished the channel side. after that article it aint hard to figure what they do, he almost gave the gps coordinates. plus he just guessed, but it was a real good assumption. this dude has a history of it and it aint good. a couple of years ago we were on the ducks at a refuge. well ole doug finds out ,writes a big ole article and the next weekend there was 400 guys waiting in line. next thing you know it was the worst mornings all year. sometimes all the info aint good. its better to just go out there and learn it by trial and error.

Discussion starter · #19 ·
boayouboy hit square on the head .pike probably doesnt even own a boat and hits ALL the public spots. and free loads off the rest. remember hackberry, well that place was just a name on a map a few years ago. ole pike goes down there on a free trip , comes back ,writes a story in the paper....well the rest is history. he does this ALL the time. i am just using the latest article as a example, what those guys do aint no secret, i know that but you still dont write stuff about what people do or where they hunt/fish.and you guys who think sharing EVERYTHING is good , well you get to your favorite spot w/ fish all over it one morning and someone sees you catching em, and pike writes it in the paper and next day all of houston is there and tell me you feel the same way.i doubt you will.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.