2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're going out to celebrate the New Year, PLEASE use a designated driver or taxi if you're going to drink. I used to use a taxi even if I didn't plan on drinking, just in case I did drink. I didn't want the chance of driving liquored up. Lots of folks die on this holiday so don't become a statistic.

And watch out for the drunk idiots that DO drive. Go slow and keep an eye on the traffic. You never know when someone is going to be hammered on booze and drift into your lane head on or something.

·
Just an old ?
6,830 Posts
Great advice, Bill, We'll be at the deer lease long before any festivities start!

Tom

·
One more cast....
11,526 Posts
I opted to sit at the house a drink some good stuff on my couch with my honey and watch a movie, maybe grill some steaks. Did the DWI thing before and refuse to do it again. Be careful out there. Dont drive even if youve just had a few, you wouldnt want to get pull over for something stupid. lets just say that it cost me around 15k. Thats was some expensive drinks that night. LOL now but not then. Happy New Year

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
"Defensive Driving" this is from a state that thinks it's New Years 365.....

·
Winter Hater
9,448 Posts
AAA is offering a free tow-yo-drunk-arse for a distance of ten miles. this way, you won't have to call your buddies to find out where you left your truck.

Beginning New Year's Eve at 6:00pm on December 31st and continuing 30 hours through Friday night, January 1st, at 11:59 drivers are urged to call AAA-Texas to get a free ride home and also have their car towed home as well. The number is 1-800-222-4357. Many motorists who have had too much to drink have said one of the reasons why they don't call a taxi is because they have to come back the next day and get the car. Tipsy Tow takes care of that. You do not have to be an AAA member to use this free service and no identification is required, however reservations are not accepted.

Callers simply tell the Auto Club operators, "I need a Tipsy Tow," to receive the free tow and ride home. A regular AAA Texas roadside service truck will be dispatched to the location and take the driver and car home up to ten miles from the point of pick up. After ten miles it is the responsibility of the motorists and it is suggested the motorist and driver agree in advance what the excess mileage charges will be and the tow truck operator will obtain a payment agreement prior to providing the tow.

·
WHO DAT!!
3,242 Posts
New years Eve = amateur night at the bars.

I sit at home and have a few with the neighbors. No since getting out on the roads with the dumbazzes.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I agree...

We're renting a house in Matagorda/Colorado River. Staying as far away from the idiots as possible.

Be safe Everyone, and have a Happy New Year!!!

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
My wife usually is the DD and wants to go to some friends' house for NYE and I always tell her that I HATE (almost paranoid about it) going out NYE, her response is "I don't over do it and I am fine to drive home" DUUUUUUHHHHHH! It is not you I am worried about babe!
BUT, this year I convinced her to go camping/hunting, hopefully this will be a tradition. We are loading up the trailer in the AM and headed out of this big city for some peace & quiet!

·
Registered
438 Posts
New Years at the hotel in Corpus=no driving. that will alow for time on PINS. We will drive down from Rockwall tomorrow.....
Happy New Years to All.... RG

PS any place new to eat sea food in the area?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts