2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
dedicated fire poker
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uh oh....I just got a ticket. A I have a couple of things to say.

1) I was on the phone & not realizing I was in a 30mph zone. And I know it's 30. How does that happen? Brain gas? Long staight smooth road...

2) This is the first time I've been pulled over since I've had my CHL. She disarmed me and that was simple & painless. I've heard that can be stressfull.

3) The officer could not have been more pleasant. I took my medicine & went on. Props to LCPD.

Again, (note to self) Calder is toll road for those that don't keep thier foot off the go pedal. This is the new(ish) part south of I45.

Ya'll have a great weekend!

·
dedicated fire poker
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heck, I knew she got me. I pulled over before she completely turned around. Can't blame anyone else.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I use that road quite a bit and I don't speed, but if not paying attention it is kinda hard to stay below 30 mph. I am glad that the road is now paved because it is a good way to avoid the traffic at FM 646 at I45. I hope when the construction of the new intersection is finished they pave the section from I45 to the recently paved section. On that part of the road it is hard to reach 30 mph.

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
if you don't mind me asking, how fast were you going to get stopped? LCPD is a great department, but normally won't mess with speeders unless it's flagrant or in a school zone

·
dedicated fire poker
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you don't mind me asking, how fast were you going to get stopped? LCPD is a great department, but normally won't mess with speeders unless it's flagrant or in a school zone
I'm thinking I would say....hmmm....flagrant works. 47 in the 30. :headknock

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
darn, I would have asked her to put down 45 so I could have taken dumbo driving (again, lol).

·
dedicated fire poker
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She said I could take DD. I was thinking 20 over was the limit. I sure hope I can take it and get this ticket dismissed. I was also thinking of asking if it could be adjudicated for a fee. (If that's not the right word, I'm thinking the deal where you pay the fine and costs then don't do anything bad for 3 months and the ticket goes away.)

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I live back off Calder. Police always patrol there, I have lived here for four years and LC Officers are professionals. The Clear Lake area in general is not a place to speed. Since getting my CHL I have been pulled over 3 times and I have never had an officer disarm me. It wouldn't bother me just seems like a lot of work for the officer.

·
dedicated fire poker
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That gets me and why I am kicking myself. I work at the south end of Calder, drive it often, & know better. I can blame it on driving my father in law's pickup. (Just did, & his response was pretty funny!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts