2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MOD V Slave
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw of FOX 26 tonight...1st tropical depression of the season is formin' out there in the deep southern portion of the Gulf. Weatherman said that the BEST long range forecast model predicted it hitting Galveston Bay smack on! Possibly as early as Monday. Be sure to watch the weather this weekend. That's all we need now after WEEKS of HIGH WIND and rain.
Ryan

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Well, it's that time of year, eh

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/GIFS/G8GMVS.JPGThere is an easy explanation of this disturbance. "Black Cloud", ummmm I mean Trouthunter is in Port Mansfield. He should be leaving soon, so the system should veer off.

GULF OF MEXICO...THE GLFMEX HAS BECOME RATHER ACTIVE DURING THE LAST 24 HOURS AS A MID/UPPER LEVEL LOW OVER THE NW CARIBBEAN MOVED NWD LAST NIGHT AND IS CURRENTLY MERGING WITH AN EXISTING UPPER LOW OVER THE W GLFMEX. THIS INTERACTION HAS CREATED AN ELONGATED TROUGH EXTENDING FROM JUST OFF THE SE TEXAS COAST SEWD INTO THE E BAY OF CAMPECHE AND ACROSS THE YUCATAN PENINSULA. THIS EVOLVING PATTERN HAS ALLOWED COPIOUS TROPICAL MOISTURE TO SURGE NWD INTO THE SE GLFMEX WHERE FAVORABLE UPPER DYNAMICS/LIFT IS PRODUCING A LARGE AREA OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ALONG A SURFACE TROUGH N OF THE YUCATAN PENINSULA. WHILE THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO SIGNS OF A WELL DEFINED SURFACE CIRCULATION...THE UPPER LEVEL ENVIRONMENT MAY BECOME MORE FAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT OVER THE WEEKEND AS A CLOSED UPPER LOW FORMS IN THE VICINITY OF THE BAY OF CAMPECHE. REGARDLESS OF DEVELOPMENT...THIS PATTERN WILL ALLOW DEEP TROPICAL MOISTURE AND ASSOCIATED SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS WITH LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL TO PROGRESS NWD INTO THE CENTRAL GLFMEX TONIGHT POSSIBLY REACHING THE N GULF COAST LATE SUNDAY. WHILE MOST OF THIS ACTIVITY IS EXPECTED TO PASS PRIMARILY W OF FLORIDA...UPPER LEVEL WLY FLOW WILL LIKELY ADVECT MID/UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE AND CLOUDINESS EWD OVER THE SUNSHINE STATE. http://www.goes.noaa.gov/GIFS/G8GMVS.JPG

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
But of course!!!!

I have a couple of buddies coming down for the next three days to stay w/ me here in League City to do three days of fishin. The last time we did this we spent three days locked up in my apartment gettin' hammerd during Allison.

Well I just saw on Channel 2 that we are looking to get "soaked" monday thru wednesday. Figures! I guess ya'll can blame this on me.....sorry!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Yea, I really hate this time of year! They did say it should go a good ways east of us but we will end up with more rain. Oh well, when it's hammering out there, raise a cold one for me, Vitamin Sea and Bimini Twisted. We'll more than likely be out there trying to keep the lights burning.
Oh yea, it wouldn't hurt to say a prayer for us either.
thanks

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Outlaw, my respect goes out to you, Rick, and Rex.... When the goin gets tough, you guys get goin... We all will be thinking of ya'll hanging off them poles and playing with mother juice.... Just keep my AC runnin...LOL... Ya'll have a tough job, and we depend on you... Prayers sent to ya'll.......

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Hurry

Somebody run down to the beach and send Jack home, he's pulling the thing outta Mexico just by being down there. Maybe if we gewt him back to Deer Park it'll turn east and miss us. Water in Trinity was just starting to get some green to it, DANG IT!

Zac

·
Registered
593 Posts
Bummer, Bummer, Bummer

I have plans to be fishing out of Panama City Fl. next Friday and Sat. Sure hope this thing stays to the West.. Planed to be offshore for Snaps, Grouper, and maybe a ling. Will be fishing from a 40 ft. boat if the weather is half decent.
Can anyone tell me of a place to pick up some Snapper Slapper lures that is near League City.
Sidecutter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts