2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a lot of dead fish pictures on here lately that didn't really add up to the listed weights. :)
To set the scale straight, this is what a 54 lb Dolphin looks like, as well as, a 76 lb Wahoo.

Tight Lines!

p.s. Even though we went out with Yamaha's we still caught fish. I'm sure the Bull would have pushed 60 lbs if we would have been running Merc's! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was actually cheatn!....I caught these off the Pacific Coast of Panama, right next to Costa Rica. The Dolphin I got on a top water broken back, with light spinning real, under a tree drifting. Caught a few small YFT as well, on the same rig. The Wahoo I got trolling with a black and pink smoker.

·
Academy Sports & Outdoors Manager
1,249 Posts
mahiseeker said:
Great Mahi & perfect gaff shot!
Looks like both were planted in the head! Thanks for sharing the pics and congrats on the catch :cheers: .

·
One day at a time!!
803 Posts
Rendez Vu said:
I was actually cheatn!....I caught these off the Pacific Coast of Panama, right next to Costa Rica. The Dolphin I got on a top water broken back, with light spinning real, under a tree drifting. Caught a few small YFT as well, on the same rig. The Wahoo I got trolling with a black and pink smoker.
You would mention broke back in a fishing report....sweet catch....looks like you had a good trip....ready for that reel-habilitation!!!

-Ryan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts