2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm scheduled to go on the 40 hour tuna trip this weekend aboard the Dolphin out of Port Aransas, BUT I've herniated a disc in my back lifting weights and my doc (and my wife) tells me I would be stupid to take the risk of further aggravating the injury. I just got off of the phone with Dolphin Docks to cancel my spot and they tell me the trip is full. I'll lose my money unless someone takes my spot.

Here are the details - - 40 hours leaving out of PA at 11PM on Saturday. Cost is $292 and they take a max of 25 anglers. Meals are provided.

I went on this same trip last year and it's a blast. My buddy Jig (who is giving me a lot of grief) is going to be on the trip regardless of what I do. The tuna fishing takes place behind the shrimp boats. Last year at this time, we loaded up on blackfin, snaps, bee-liners, kings, a few AJ, and a ling.

If anyone is interested, give Dolphin Docks a call at 1-800-EYE-FISH or shoot me a PM if you'd like some more details. This is a good trip at a reasonable price.

This is the second trip in the last two months (cancelled a Big E trip a month ago) that I've had to cancel because of my back, and it stinks. Never really appreciated how bad back problems could be until it happened to me.

Thanks.

TW

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Sorry for your misfortune. This is my favorite trip of the year, and seas are predicted to be 1-3'. I hope the guy who buys your spot takes lots of pictures. :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's just wrong, Jig.

I haven't heard from Dolphin Docks so I think my space is still available. Supposed to be nice seas this weekend, so it should be a good trip.

TW

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spot's still available!!

I just talked to Dolphin Docks and my spot is still available, so I'm giving myself a bump. Help a brother out, go tuna fishing this weekend! My refund could pay for a cortisone shot. Leaves tomorrow at 11PM.

Thanks guys,

TW

·
Banned
887 Posts
dang i honestly was looking for a spot before i left out of town 2wks ago wish i wulda got on the board earlier today, but if i remember correctly they told me on my 60hr they could just give me and my grandpa a credit for another within a yr, so you still get the trip and they get the money. i dont kno how it is on a full boat seeing my trip got cancelled cuz of no interest.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I took a 40hr trip 5 years ago with the same format. I think I caught 3 yellowfin off shrimpers during the trip. One was very nice in the 80lb class. We slaughtered the BFT as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts