2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Dog whining in the blind PLEASE HELP!!!!

7K views 51 replies 28 participants last post by  seeingred 
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you may not be able to cure this problem if the steps your trainer has given you have not worked. I have a BLM that is 7 years old and he whined alot when I first started hunting him. He is better now (thank God), but when he was younger he whined really bad at the start of a hunt. He only seemed to shut-up after he made a few retrieves and there was not any amount of correction I could give him to quiet down.

Personally, I think whining is a trait some dogs are born with because everybody I know that has a vocal dog in the blind can not cure it very easily, if at all. In fact, 2 of my friends that also had Labs (a BLM and the other a CLF) had issues with their dogs actually barking. They were very good in training, steady, and had no issues with marking/picking up ducks but just barked almost the whole time somebody would call or they would see birds working. It got to the point that it wasn't just annoying, they actually flared ducks. Both dogs got replaced.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.