2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the shark fishing will be effected by all of this rain and the 10 to 20 degree drop in air temperature that we've had this week? I started fishing for shark this year and usually drift a couple miles outside the galveston jetties. I have 2 little nephews coming in town who have never fished salt and wondered if the sharks would still be there. Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I Have Fished For Sharks 5 Days After Tropical Storm Allison Left. The Water Was A Brown Tea Color 2 Miles Off The End Of The North Jetty. Caught 8 Sharks In The 4 To 6 Foot Range Just Drift Fishing. I Would Take A Large Mullet And Cut It In Half And Use The Tail Section.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
You are in the right spot I can tell you that. We always stop there before heading out further. Our biggest shark there was in the 8'-9' range. Mostly 5'-6'ers. We've also been spooled there.

·
Registered
920 Posts
One morning I threw a whole 10" mullet off the front of Bob Hall Pier in Corpus Christi with a 6/0 Penn filled with 50LB test. The bait was so heavy I could only cast it about 15yrds off the front of the pier. Five minutes latter I had the biggest fish I have ever hooked on to. It spooled me in a few minutes. I never had a run like I had that one morning. I wonder if it was a big Bull shark or maybe even a huge Tiger?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts