2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you turn the darned thing off? I have 60# in all 4 tires, so I know the air pressure is not the problem. But the warning light comes on, which it will do when the "light load" switch is on. But I can't turn the $%#@%&((&%##% thing off! What to do? (The manual is wasted paper)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't really tell me how to turn the thing OFF! I sort of understand what the switch is for, but not how to de-activiate it. Pressing the button does nuthing! (but p#*s me off further)

·
Winter Hater
9,448 Posts
from a dodge website...see bottom para.

With the "light load" button illuminated, the TPMS will trigger an alarm when the rear tire pressure falls below 45psi. With the "light load" button NOT illuminated, the TPMS will trigger an alarm when the rear tire pressure falls below 60psi. The "light load" button does not affect the trigger point of the front tires (60psi always).

The TPMS/light load functions on these 08+ 2500 trucks are a PITA. They are finicky and sometimes will not function properly with no cause. There have been rumors that the pressure with which the TPMS triggers an alarm can be adjusted via the StarScan tool at the dealership, but I have yet to find a dealership with a tech who knows how to perform this function. It is the TPMS function alone that makes me wish, when I bought my '08 2500, I would have instead ordered a 3500 and waited the extra 6 weeks for the truck to be delivered (3500 model trucks, regardless of wheel base or SRW/DRW, are not required and are thus not equipped with TPMS).

i read somewhere else that there is a pushbutton near the exhaust brake button on some models...maybe not on yours, may be automatic. looks like they've had hell with them though. not a dodge owner, sorry...

·
Registered
73 Posts
How do you turn the darned thing off? I have 60# in all 4 tires, so I know the air pressure is not the problem. But the warning light comes on, which it will do when the "light load" switch is on. But I can't turn the $%#@%&((&%##% thing off! What to do? (The manual is wasted paper)
Same thing happened to mine (09-2500) Try disconnecting the battery it worked for mine! Do you have 4x4? If so has it given you any problems as far as not engaging in low 4x4 light flashes and does not engage. Then when it finally engages would not come off 4x4.

·
Registered
30 Posts
mine did the same thing i waited and pushed the button in the am where the tire are cold. it will reset the light tire load setting.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
buy a Ford

you knoew it was going to happen didn't ya? lol sorry
I HAD a Ford. It wouldn't pull my trailer, so I had to get the Dodge. Now I pull my 30' travel trailer AND my boat at the same time!

haha...got ya!

BTW. Fixed the prob. I had to put 50# in the front and #70 in rear, and the lightwent off. Still a PITA!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts