2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after deleting all my IE cookies I could finally get back on 2cool and figure out what happened and that I was banned.

http://www.2coolfishing.net/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=6500

DISSipator said:
Do you think the people in Florida will be able to vote in November if these hurricanes keep this up?
In all seriousness I gotta say I don’t see the big deal. It was a legitimate question that came to mind and I can’t find where I broke any of the Forum Rules.

Although the administrators and moderators of 2CoolFishing will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of 2CoolFishing, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
And it’s not much different than a post made by a moderator here. http://www.2coolfishing.net/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=6593

-JAW- said:
No Wonder They Have Trouble Voting!

From the Orlando Sentinal during hurricane Frances:

It's said there is no such thing as a dumb question. The folks answering the Seminole County's citizen hotline might disagree. After a busy night of fielding inquiries, they compiled their David Letterman-style Top 10 list:

10 â€" Is the mall open?

9 â€" What does mandatory mean?

8 â€" Will the curfew let me go to the bar with my friends?

7 â€" Do I leave the sand in the bags?

6 â€" Due to the water, do you put holes in the sandbags?

5 â€" Is Casselberry a county? I live in Seminole County, and it is different there.

4 â€" I heard there is a 9 p.m. curfew for all of Seminole County. Is it different in Sanford?

3 â€" Do the shelters have parking spaces?

2 â€" I'm heading to Alabama and I am in Ocala. I am running out of gas. Should I turn around and go home?

1 â€" I heard the storm is going to Miami. Does that mean it will miss Florida?
Mont said:
talk about lack of class. geeze. Several of my close friends are unaccounted for, many more are without power and you drag freakin' elections into this. You owe the board an apology.
As for your concern for friends Mont, and the thought that I was some how diminishing that. You’re reaching. I have family that was in the path of both of those hurricanes. I spoke with them several times while they were getting 90mph plus winds. They went without power for over a week from the first one and lost it for who knows how long again this time. And to top it off, I am not uneducated on what hurricanes can do, myself. I have lived in the Galveston Bay Area since 1965 so I have rode a few out that had minimal winds like Frances and run like he!! from the bigger ones.

Mont said:
welcome to bansville, DISSipator You want to cut and run when I call you out, that's fine. You just put your last post on my site. AJ, I apologize for the rudeness of DISSipator. He's toast.
Now this calling me out and you alleging I cut and run. Ya right. My connection is on all the time. I usually have multiple windows open. But I am certainly not sitting in front of my computer 24/7. So you come to the conclusion that because I don’t respond between your first post at 08:57 PM and your second at 09:07 PM that I cut and run. WOW a whole 10 minutes.

I have said this before on 2COOL when other didn’t like the calls you made and it applies now. It’s your forum so you can make the decisions however you want. But after finally getting back into the forum and seeing what you posted. I felt compelled to tell my side.

P.S. AJ if you see this, I am glad to see you and your sons weathered the storm and that you have electricity. I wish I could say the same for my relatives.

Later DISS out.

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,239 Posts
Chill dude.....we are family here on this board and if you can't abide by the rules..then SEE YA!! I have never met Aunt Joyce, but feel like I've known her for years! Yes, I am glad that Texas is not seeing the brunt of these storms but there are people in Florida and they are someone's loved ones. I'm with ya Mont!!

BTW....I've visited the "other" board and find a common denominator there...seems like alot of your posts end up there.....coincidence?

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Diss.

Man. I dont know you so I cant judge you as a person. Only by what I see you post. And its only on the other board. Like Miss Dixie said. Were family. You have made me angry more than once. I dunno how to say this, but you dont know how to play "NICE"

And obviously, you angered Mont. This is his board bro. Just to bring this issue back up is without class, and we all will support Mont, and eachother. Even if we have different opinions.

I hope you are not mad at us. You just screwed up. An apology would be my suggestion.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
well, bud, you wanna public debate, here goes.

I consider Aunt Joyce as one of my family and did, in fact personally call to check on her today. She is a lady of character and I consider it an honor to host both her forum and site. It made me sick when I saw your political post on her board. Only today, have I even had contact with my friends in Florida and in Abacos. All of that contact came through message boards.

Yup, I got your note about being banned. Too bad, but I banned you.

Yes, I saw you re register under a new handle, and yes I personally approved it, just like I do all the other new members, one by one, and you didn't fool me.

Within one minute of your post on AJ's board, I sent you a PM telling you to apologize within five minutes or I would ban you. You then logged off. How convenient for someone on a permanent connection.

9 minutes later I banned you, just as I said I would. Not for a day, not for a week, forever. I did what I said I would.

Yup, you had to really work to get back in here. That tells me two things. First, you have too much time on your hands and second, you know your way around a computer. Well guess what, I know my way around a message board and a server. You might as well have brought a rock to a gun fight. Me and a good friend named Mo have banned entire ISP's. Guess how long it takes them to call me and find out why they have 120 complaints an hour coming in.

Now, I am going to give you a couple of choices, and put the ball back in your court.

You can choose to apologize to Aunt Joyce, as I asked.

You can choose to consider the fact I banned you once, and may take it personally if I have to do that again.

You can choose to never post here again, all on your own.

You can choose to treat others here with respect, use common sense, post as a friend, not an adversary and leave the politics to the bottom dweller section of 2Cool.

Make your choice(s).

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
WT247 - What happened here was a poorly timed joke in the wrong forum. I wasn't appalled by the contents of the post, nor do I think most people were, but to post something political regarding an impending disaster, on a board for the region facing the impending disaster, was a bit much IMHO, and I understand why Mont did what he did.

DISS - Go over to AJ's board, apologize for the poor timing, and come back to "The Other Board" if you want to post political stuff. Mont lets a *little* bit of politics hit his main board, as long as it's not excessive or overly divisive, but politics really needs to be kept on the board that was created specifically to keep it off the other boards. Especially AJ's board! ;)

Also, get out there and meet some TTMBers. Once people know you, they can tell when you are joking a lot better!

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mont, It’s no surprise that you noticed when I re-registered considering that the email address I used has my real name in it, as did my last account. I was not really trying to hide.

Now I can appreciate your friendship with Aunt Joyce and I find it admirable that you obviously care a great deal for her. But in all honesty I do not see where I did anything to disrespect her, you or this forum.

I know that you made part of your stance on what you called my "political post". But what I posted was not a political view. It was a question addressed on a thread that was warning of yet another storm heading towards possibly Florida.

As for the time frame you banned me in. All I can tell you is the next time I hit 2COOL a box popped up saying I had a message, but as soon as I clicked it I got dumped onto a screen that gave me no access to anything. So to this day, I still have not seen your Instant Message.

I am not looking to cause trouble or hurt anyone’s feelings and I can see your asking for my apology to bring this to a close. I truly had no intentions of trying to get shock value out of my post. In hindsight, I guess some including you took it the wrong way. So I apologize to AJ and anyone else that I may have upset.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Good to see ya back here bro, now lets all be nice here LOL And im not gonna comment on banning or not banning just want to let fade into the sunset....................later,Dave

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
I know that you made part of your stance on what you called my "political post". But what I posted was not a political view
just be sure the next time you let me know when you plan to vote in Miami, sir.

We both know what this is really about, and personally, I don't care who wins any election. At least I can say I voted. You didn't and will never be able to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts