2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I have a pretty simple question here but just wanted to be sure I'm not missing anything. I am getting ready to disconnect the hoses on my 2001 Yamaha 150 VMAX. I am going to install one of those gray rigging hoses to the transon of the boat and back out to my outboard. I think it looks alot better and also protects your exposed hoses. Are there any tricks that I need to be aware of when disconnecting and reconnecting the hoses to my outboard? Thanks for the help and if any of you have ever installed one of these I would love your feedback.

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
perko off battery or disconn red lead at battery

remove motor cowling
remove the 2 10 mm screws that hold down the bracket over the rubber loom grommet
remove throttle and shifter at the shift points
remove both battery leads
remove and cap fuel line
unplug wire harness
remove speedo tube if there is one

you will need the new Yammi rubber grommet made for a rigging hose

slide the new rigging hose with the transom end over the whole mess and temporarily flush up to the transom, a fish wire or string helps also a shot of dish soap rubbed on helps the slide

now with the motor in running position give the hose enough slack to mate the new hose grommet and mark it. turn motor both ways and ck for enough slack

do same for jack plate......... up down

once you are satisfied with the mark slide it back part way off and cut it

reassemble above and drill and mount transom flange, use 5200 in the screw holes and a bead around the flange where it mates to the transom.

if you don't tie wrap everything together , you can run new cables without having to de-rig the whole thing again.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Make sure the hoses don't get pinched by any of the hard cables or wire harnesses. As mentioned no need to tywrap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts