2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dove lease in the greater Houston area. My experience with dove leases has always been poor in this area, but, we found a place this year that looked pretty good so we went for it. Well, it paid off. We have been pounding them to the tune of "limits or near limits" most every time out. I hunted last Friday and it was the typical deal. The birds started leaving the field around 5:30 and we had about an hour to get them before it slowed back down. I noticed that day that there were a few seismographic wires running around the place but I didn't think too much about. I went back out there yesterday afternoon expecting the same kind of action only to find that the birds were not there. Even though it looked lame I decided to sit and wait for a while. After about fifteen minutes I felt an underground explosion that shook me pretty good. It took me a couple of minutes to realize what it was. It literally shook the ground. My question is: Has anyone else had this type of experience before where seismic testing caused the birds to leave?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Dude way over my head. I know any wildlife can be affected by surrondings. I mean it makes sense.

I would guess birds are affected by charges because of their effect with waves. Any scientists out there?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
no but i've seen cannons shooting blanks to keep ducks/cranes off of crawfish farms.

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,606 Posts
That plus the pressure you have already put on them out of the same field will make them leave till the next front. I don't care how much food or whatever there on is there. pressure and them already being shot at more than once will push them on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts