2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy's, I have a problem with a dirty deck even when I am done fishing and go to the car wash to scub and spray the deck it still has some black looking bloches on the deck, Does anybody know what to use to clean the deck and where to buy it ? It has to be safe for gelcoat.

Thanks, Nelson

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Oxalic acid wash found in Academy works real well, suggest rubber gloves, and goggles. Can't remember the brand name, its on the shelf and read the active ingredients.

·
Getting shallower means chewing mud
1,643 Posts
Be very careful if you use some of the acids available. They can make more than stains disappear.

I have found that BarKeeper's Friend is one of the best, mild abrasives to use on the boat. It comes in a round can like Comet, but is a lot less aggressive/abrasive. I use both long and short handle stiff bristle brushes to work up a lather (and a sweat) and stains come out everytime.

Tim

·
Registered
586 Posts
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, that thing is amazing on boat decks. I have to deal with f*&*&*g pecan tree sap and debi and thats the only thing that will take it off the gel coat except for acetone but acetone removes the paint and all. Works great on mold, scuff marks and scratches that get stuff down in them. They are about 5 bucks for 4 of them it wouldn't hurt to try them.

·
Team OMAB Prostaff
2,416 Posts
Bleach and water solution and a stiff bristle long handled brush. Works like a champ and disenfects the blood, guts, and slime.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Try this stuff, Gel-Gloss sold at home depot. Comes in a pink can and is made for fiberglass products with gel coating. Look around the kitchen appliance area counter tops etc.. Can't say it will do 100% but it will get close. I had same problems and this stuff really worked well for me, plus I was waxing at the same time as this stuff is like a cleaner/wax.

·
Registered
165 Posts
dont use star brite hull cleaner on the inside. i learned this the hard way it does take out the stains and i thought i washed it all out but then it left some brown spots every spot that i sprayed it. i havent tried to get it off yet but it looks like it might come clean.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I know this about marks on decks, but if you want to clean bugs from your windshield use a wet dryer sheet, it works great then just rinse it off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts