2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help. we spend over 200.00 a month for tv/internet/phone,includes cell phone. my light bills aren't ever over 150.00 a month! looking a canning comcast. should i go with direct or dish tv. pros and cons please. i think it is crazy we are spending that much for entertainment! thanks for the help. ps we live in jamaica beach.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Dishnetwork only way to go.

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,160 Posts
i got rid of my home phone for dial up internet and went to cell only and added high speed, tv/cell/internet im paying about 153.00 a month for 3 i think all of em going to be about the same give or take a couple bucks.

·
Got better things to do than play games
17,014 Posts
We had been customers of Dish for 12 years, but the last 2 years had nothing but problems. Their customer support was 'entry-level' at best & many times English was not their 1st language. We paid too much to put up with their poor service.

We swapped to Direct probably about 4 years ago and have had very few problems. When we had to call their customer support, we have always gotten an American & the issue was resolved quickly. I don't regret the change.

·
***, Over?
2,262 Posts
I have had both. There is one huge advantage to DirecTV (that may or may not matter to you). The NFL package!!!! Every game, every week. I love it.

·
Most Non Funny
1,834 Posts
I prefer Dish only because their Equipment is leaps and bounds better and the interface is MUCH better than Direct

oh, and dont do satellite internet, they all suck, look into wether or not you can get Clear Wire in your area

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Isn't it amazing the different replies. I have had dish for about 3 years and my support has been great. Bayscout is correct on the NFL package. I am not a sports fan, but I do watch alot of movies and the picture and 5.1 sound on Dish is great. Have never had direct but probably ain't much different.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I switched from Dish Network to DirecTV at my Bayhouse barely over a year ago and if i could keep the boxes from going out i wouldnt have a complaint.... Just recieved my 4th box.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've used both and I'm sticking with Dish, It takes some ver bad weather to lose a signal.Direct TV goes out at the slightest hint of moisture.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Direct TV

I have had Direct at two locations since the days when I had to buy the equiptment a Best Buy (over $500.00 per location) and have always been happy with Direct. Never had Dish so I can'r address their service.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I have had both also, dish now for last five years and i think it is the best.
I called last week and got the free upgrade for new hd + dvr. It was all free no cost for equipment or labor.I got a new tv for back deck and needed to be able to watch without watching same channel as set in den.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
I have had Direct and Dish. I switched from Direct to Dish due to poor service and no resolution. I think I had less outages from weather with Direct however than Dish. I seem to loose it in light to bad weather vs with Direct I almost never lost it. I do like the reciever with Dish better than Direct since Dish lets you put an external antenae and allows you to watch locals on antenae or satalite without switch TV inputs, and Direct TV you had to switch TV to antenae on the TV input which is a pain. If you don't use a local antenae, no problem, but it does come in handy when weather is bad and I can switch by just changing channels on the Dish reciever. I am happy with Dish for now.

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
I have had Dish (5yr) and Direct (so far, 7yr). I switched from Dish to Direct due to poor Dish service and they would not replace the remote w/o 50$ after 5 yrs.

Since, never looked back. I ordered the Direct package, installed the machanics, called the service person I was ready for him to come out and turn the switch on.

Just reNewed all inside equip w/o a cent, just signed for another year.

Very good Direct tech Q&A service, sales and always there when we may call.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts