2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys thanks to your input on a previous thread, unless someone can convince me otherwise, I believe i'm gonna be buying the :camera: Olympus C750UZ.

Anybody have any additional input. I think for a camera in the low to mid $400 range it is a good buy. I especially like the 10X zoom.

Also, anybody have any suggestions on the best place to pick one up? Is there a place in in the Houston or Victoria area? I'm in Victoria, but, go to Houston pretty much every week. Or should I buy online? I prefer to touch something of this type before I buy it. But, I'm not opposed to buying online if the savings are significant. Also, I'm ready to get it and get to shooting.

As I said, if anybody has any other suggestions, I need to hear them now. I got the itch. :)

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
Since you know what you want, I'd buy it online. You can save quite a bit by shopping online.

A buddy bought a video cam a few years back and I think he saved about 25% by getting it online, plus they threw in some extras, too.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,538 Posts
I bought mine at newegg.com when it was on sale. They're a good company and deliver fast! Have had great luck with them on numerous high-dollar purchases.

TH

·
www.RipCharts.com
1,855 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
My 750

I purchased my Olympus 750 through Beach Camera in NY. The transaction was completely on the internet in May. I bought a package that contained a 256 MB card, and a carrying case. The camera doen't fit in the case, but it was still a better deal than the other places I shopped.

The 256 MB card will allow you to take approx 300 photos on the next to the highest resolution setting.

I have even taken it to the pool at swim meets, and have done seven 40-90 second movies with it. There was still plenty of room on the card for >100 photos.

It has been wet (fresh water), and I have dried it out in a vacuum oven, and it still works great. I can't say enough about it right now. It is a great little camera.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Some of the best camera prices can be found online.

Read the fine print. Many of the 'good deals' that I've seen online turned out to be 'factory refurbished' with a limited warranty time. Some ads don't mention it except in a little .5 pt. font so, CAVEAT EMPTOR.

·
8,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, now I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts. I'm considering buying a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ10S. It has a 12X (negligible difference) zoom with a stabilized lense. Also, Steve's Digicams rates it as one of the best cameras in this category. It also uses the SD cards which is the same card my video camera uses. Which would be convenient.

Anybody had any experience with these?

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,538 Posts
Nope, but I can tell you that every optical anything that I've owned made by Panasonic I've had problems with.

Good luck on your purchase.

TH

·
8,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a panasonic digital video camer athat has worked great. Have your problems been from functionality or image quality. This particular camera has a Leica lense on it, which is suppose to be good.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Decisions

You might go to a smaller camera shop where you can actually hold the cameras and take some pictures. You have to be careful that you don't overpay for something, but the advantage of actually using the product before you purchase is something that's worth a few extra dollars. My wife purchased the Canon EOS 10D camera at Wolf Cameras in the Clear Lake area. We paid a little more than the lowest price I could find online, but we received great customer service and they threw in a few goodies to make the deals pretty equal. Good luck with your search.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts