2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Kickin' hippies' a**es and raisin' h*ll!
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went out a few weeks ago and sat in the deer blind. Things were slow, no horns to look at, so I got out the camera. I had seen on a different thread how someone had taken pictures with their cell phone through their binocs, so I gave it a try with the digital camera itself.

First shot is looking towards my feeder from the blind. Do you see the doe?

Second shot is through the binoculars (Nikon monarch 10x). Now do you see her?

Look again at the first shot; she's just behind the short cedar bush in the center of the frame (still facing to the right)! Believe me, even with the high resolution copy I have here it's tough to see her!

Thought this was cool and was surprised at how good the image was on ultra-mega-zoom.

Attachments

·
Kickin' hippies' a**es and raisin' h*ll!
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I'm going to try it out and again and see if I can get some nice pictures of bucks next time. I didn't know how good the photos came out till I got back home.

I did learn that the magnification compounds. I had a Casio Exilim camera (3x) and used my Nikon 10x40 glasses. So that gives me a 30x magnification!

I tried the same through my rifle scope (wouldn't that be a cool shot??), but it's much more difficult due to the scopes longer eye relief.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I took some last week like this in South Texas. I found out you have to zoom in on the camera for best results. about 1 out of every 4 or 5 turns out pretty good.
TRW

·
Native Texan
10,977 Posts
I just started trying this trick this year. Haven't gotten any real good pics yet, but the process definitely works for still type shots for both a camera and cell phone camera. 2cool.

·
proficient exprofessional
1,159 Posts
:smile:

Awesome - Threads like this are one reason why this site IS 2Cool.

I had no idea. Thanks goat!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Digiscoping

Guys

You need to do a search for "DIGISCOPING"

Use for some time by the birding community and prob aplicable to binoculars

JV

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
It can work through your scope too.... I tried it last season...

It takes alot of tries to get it just right.... but some of the pics turn out kinda cool...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts