2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the deal with diesel prices?!? One of the things I loved about my truck, was that the fuel prices remained fairly constant.....never super cheap, and never super expensive.......now all of the sudden, the prices have jumped up to the same cost as the premium gas prices?!? that sux!!:mad:

Any one seen cheaper diesel prices around hwy 59 and hwy 6? Or even south down 59, towards Victoria?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was in south Tx this weekend some places were $2.05 per gl. I bought a diesel for the same reason. Its av is $1.90 here in Conroe

cast

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
You and everyone else bought diesel. Supply and demand. Demand is up, supply cant keep up so the prices rise. Welcome to the high fuel price club, at least you get decent gas mileage compared to the same size gas vehicle.

·
Iusedtofish
2,893 Posts
Welcome to winter. It seems as the heating season in the northeast starts up, the cost of diesel goes up with it. It has been doing that for years. The news said that fuel oil(with which they noreasterners heat their house with) and diesel are very similar, so, when demand in the Northeast goes up, so does the price of diesel . Kind of sorks, but we have three other seasons when it is cheaper than gas.
Bret

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bert,
They got me for $1.95 in Lavaca yesterday, what's the price in your neighborhood?
EJ
hey EJ, normally I like to buy at Buccee's in Pt Lavaca, they used to be the cheapest......not Sunday...lol......Used to get diesel in route from work, at a truck stop just the Houston side of Hungerford, and it was constantly $1.79 but in just a little over a week, they've gone up to $1.99....that isn't supply and demand, that's gouging!! I've seen one place close to Richmond, for $1.88. Looks like that's about the cheapest. Sheesh......

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I think its high $1.70's at walmart at beechnut and kirkwood. My girl is driving the diesel so I not totally sure, but those prices sound wacked. Be glad you aren't gassing up my truck. (Hemi=gas guzzler)

·
Registered
451 Posts
I heard that all of the hurricanes had shut down some of the ports & Ivan had forced some of the refineries around Mobile to shut down production was one of the reasons for the short suppy. Diesel is costing ~ $1.95 up in the Panhandle & West TX.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
They find any excuse to raise the price. The CEO of exxon ate beans last night and has bad gas. He is angry now and says bump it up a bit.

·
Iusedtofish
2,893 Posts
speckle-catcher said:
there's a good idea! I wonder if you can get in trouble for doing that?
The dot does check vehicles for off road fuel, usually at the sale barns--cattle auctions--- pretty steep fine if you get caught. They dont have to dip into your tank anymore, they have a sniffer machine that hooks up to your exhaust.

Farm diesel is alot cheaper.... I know some who decided that the savings in fuel cost is worth the fine... if they ever get caught.

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
OK - at sale barns and cattle auctions, etc...

but what if you never go to those places? Do DPS troopers carry the sniffer and check diesels on the side of the road if they are pulled over for some other reason?

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Diesel prices always go up to about the same price as unleaded when the weather turns cooler and people in the north start heating their homes. Just be glad you don't have to use a winter blend diesel. It's more expensive, burns dirtier, and gets lower fuel mileage.

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't notice this kind of jump last year, or the year before......?

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sounds like it may be worth it to take a drive into Houston during lunch......lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts