2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I shoot sensor bunnies TFP.
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot several dozen nature shots this evening shooting a 50mm f 1.8. I was mostly going for contrast, hence the b/w but I did throw in a few colors as well.

The first of some simple yellow flowers. I had to crop to center the main bunch.

The second is simply a contrast/DOF experiment.

Third is a B/W shot which is a close up and simplified version of the final shot.

The final shot, in full size, is really hard to look at. There is some much in the background that is ---almost--- in focus it starts playing tricks with your eyes as your mind tries to compensate. The B/W version is much better in my eyes.

The last three were not altered in any way.

Attachments

·
I shoot sensor bunnies TFP.
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really an experiment, I was just out really shooting with the S1 for the first time and playing with the settings of white balance, color saturation, etc. I should have saved some of the "experimental" shots to show how bad they turned out when I started shooting with settings that weren't good for the conditions.

You know this camera is so old it actually has little hieroglyphics on the LCD screen? Seriously, who knew the ancient Egyptians were using DSLRs?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts