2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,427 Posts
It has a new owner as of about a month ago and he made some very good changes to the brisket. It's some of the best I've ever had. He's also added a few new sides and made a small change to the barbecue sauce. I liked it before, I love it now.

·
Certified Man Card Holder!
1,652 Posts
As stated, new owner it's good now.
Good to know. It was always hit or miss every time we went. Sometimes it was great and others it was terrible. Tough brisket and ribs on a couple of occasions but everything else was good. I will give it another shot and see if it has actually improved. The staff and manager/owner were always great though so we kept coming back just not for the brisket or ribs.

I would love to have my favorite Mexican food restaurant next to a good BBQ place just down the road!

·
Highball !!!!
2,616 Posts
I've eaten there several times....it was o.k....have to go back and check out new owner

·
Registered
329 Posts
I go there every once in awhile (4 - 8 times a year) to support the local establishment but when I want real bbq I go to Alvin and Joes BBQ on Highway 6. Grand Prize in Texas City is worth going to as well. Always wondered about AJs Meat Market, I'll have to try that out.

Don't know if Big Willy was referring to Garcias Grill next door but it is decent and a good bang for the buck.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I live about a minute from there but havent been there since the new owners took over. It used to be OK, Ive had better but I guess I gotta get over there now. As for AJs, its good I would go there first instead of Dickinson BBQ.Oh and Garcias isnt to shabby either, I like to hop in the canoe and paddle on down there when its warmer.

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,427 Posts
I've been three times since the new owner took over and the brisket has been excellent every time. I highly recommend it. It was pretty good before, but now it's on a whole new level. I've had the ribs, too, and they've been very good. My new favorite side dish (at least I think it's new, I don't remember it before) is the macaroni salad. The owner also said he went with a new sweet tea recipe. I think he said it is his grandmother's. I haven't tried it, but it wasn't that good before. Dang, now I'm hungry for some bbq. I may have to go there tonight.

·
Dickinson
2,530 Posts
I would love to have my favorite Mexican food restaurant next to a good BBQ place just down the road![/QUOTE]

Garcia's Grill, right next door has killer Carne Guisada.

·
Certified Man Card Holder!
1,652 Posts
Tried it tonight and I have to say the brisket is much better! It had a good smoke ring and was very tender. Not the best I have had but it was pretty dang good. I also got the sausage, which has always been pretty good, and Genn got the chicken which was good as well. Sides: potato salad, baked beans, and a baked potato. All the sides were good as well. Looking good so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts