2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Academy a couple of days ago (here in Austin on Brodie Lane) and found a rack of Diamond Jigs from 2 oz-10 oz with the price ranging from 1.89 - 4.89 for the 10 oz ones. I haven't found them for that price before and wanted to get the word out in case anyone else here is an Austinite.

·
Registered
254 Posts
That sounds cheap for the big ones. I'll be there within an hour to get some I live 3 miles from the store.
Thanks for the heads up.
scott

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
if they are bead diamond jigs then jump on it. the price is right. if they are lee diamond jigs then that is their usual price. lee jigs are quite a bit less money in stores than bead jigs. the lee's don't last long on tuna. the hooks are not very strong and the finish is not as good. however you are only one bite away from loosing either one of them if a cuda or shark bite them....rick

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't see the brand name. I believe it was Monday that they were put out there. I imagine they got a huge order in and shoved them out onto the floor. They were on a big rack by the sporting goods counter. That was the first time I found 10 oz diamond jigs for under $8 or $9. I asked the clerk if the $4 was correct and he said it was so I bought a few. I'd rather have a shark steal $4 from me than $9. LOL

·
Registered
243 Posts
Cut Rate now has Fishing Tackle Unlimited brand diamond jigs for about $1 cheaper than the bead jigs of the same size. They have a much heavier split ring than the beads, and have a holographic greenback mackerel version as well. It is kind of nice to be able to buy new jigs and not have to replace the split rings on them, and for once something at Cut Rate is actually a good deal.

Mark

·
Registered
169 Posts
the treble hooks aren't tacked together on the ones at academy . . . if you hook a quality fish it could pull the hook out and lose the fish . . . i saw them before and bought them then returned them . . .

also that treble hook is pretty weak . . i could bend it easialy with my fingers. . . u ought to look at them b4 you take them out and try 'em . . . i wasn't pleased with them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts