2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the family and i are going to destin next week, dont think i am going to drag the boat. we do plan on taking a few poles though. anybody got any suggestion about fishing from the beach or jetties. thanks

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
Throw shiny tandems (mirrolures, silver spoons with yellow bucktail, white or yellow jigs) on the beachfront for mammoth skipjacks, maybe some mackeral and tarpon. Pomano on the bottom with a weird little quick-jerk-jigs on the sand routine. The locals can show you how to do it.

Been a while since I was there but last time, I had 2 skipjacks on, watching them do their aerial acrobat thing and a monster tarpon slammed the whole
rig. What a rush. All kinds of big gremlins running the bars on a good tide over there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jake , looking forward to the trip. been there several times and fished the party boats always had good luck, but never really fished the beach. scenery there is fantastic.

·
Myles Bragman
58 Posts
I was just in gulf shores alabama. We caught bluefish and and monster skipjack real real early in the morning on silver weedless spoons (fast retrieve). When the fish started moving out of casting distance we trolled silver spoons out of the kayak and caught em all day long right past the first bar. Fun fights and the skipjacks seem like they are on steroids down there. Some big ones. Good Luck.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lepaul37, yea we plan going on the swoop. we've have been out on here before ,good boat. myles8899. think we can wade to that first bar , i know it drops pretty quick. gonna take some big sticks and try chunking way out with some cut bait. then sit and see what happens. will also chunks some spoons, heard the mirrors work good also. thanks for the info guys , let you know when we get back.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got back from Panama City last week. Same thing that you have been reading. Lots of skipjacks in the surf. No trout, reds, or snook in the surf. I even went gigging one night. You talk about water clarity! Oh yeah, no flounder in the surf either. Not much access in the bay system there. Private property all the way around. If I go again, I will trailer the boat.

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,462 Posts
good thread redfin20, i am thinkin bout heading down to the white sands for a few days and not going to tow the miser. Caught jacks and trout in the surf and may hook up with a local for some off shore blitzing....

Great posts keep em coming...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Capt Dave , We are staying at the Pelican Resort if your down next week stop by, catch us on the beach in the morning or at night. see ya , thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts