2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been round and round trying to register my dell ispiron537 home desktop/windows 7. called dell the last 3 weeks to be hung up on/switched to others/put on hold/ anything you can guess, go for online help unless you put in a recognizable service tag you cant get in. going to the community for dell i see several with the problem. i got this at walmart here in galveston, i have talked to several peeps at dell on the phone that promised this would be resolved, so far it hasnt, i dont know if i can take it back to walmart now or not but i like this pc and would rather fix the problemo. put in my service code at dell.com, says invalid, put it in another dell place says my pc was not bought in this country. so someone suggests ,, transfer but you cant trasfer unless its usa to usa. mex-mex, etc,, can anyone suggest how to resolve this, yea, i know buy another brand,lol, besides that,, dell community with others problems with it http://en.community.dell.com/Search/SearchResults.aspx?q=service tag invalid

·
Registered
674 Posts
press the window key on the keyboard plus R. That will open the run window

type in cmd and press ok

type in

wmic bios get serialnumber

press enter on keyboard

check to make sure that number matches the one you have been using.

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
press the window key on the keyboard plus R. That will open the run window

type in cmd and press ok

type in

wmic bios get serialnumber

press enter on keyboard

check to make sure that number matches the one you have been using.
found all that @ dell community and sevice tags match when i checked- bios- F2 , the servise tag feature doesnt even find it? guess ill try that# bill put on this 800-456-3355, is the same as ive been calling? just different number? ive been calling 800624-9897 or 9896 , been on hold 12 mins. now, if its not an english speaker im hanging up.

·
I can't Member
255 Posts
Dude, give me your service tag number and I'll get my wife to check into this issue. She's been with Dell for 18 years in several parts of the biz. She knows what she's doing, and she's an ENGLISH-SPEAKING AMERICAN!

Sorry for your troubles. Hopefully she can take care of you in short order.

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
finally figured out how to email dell without a service tag from the dell community and here is the response i got;;
Dear ****(*(****
Thank you for contacting Dell Online Customer Care.

I understand from your e-mail that you are unable to register for the Windows 7 upgrade and also that the service tag on your computer shows as purchased outside United States. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand your concern and appreciate your feedback. Y

I have checked the records and it shows that the order number ****25424 is not a valid number. I also see that the service tag of your computer is not attached to the order. I would request you to kindly contact Wal-Mart and provide us the correct order number so that we may assist you further.

Sincerely,

Vandana Kaushal
Rep ID: 01169036
Dell Online Customer Care
http://support.dell.com
i have already called walmarts manager and they already pushed me to the electronics manager that is out to lunch until 1;30, i dont know how walmart will have anything to know *** is going on with a dell order# that was sent from dell supposedly,, i belive dell is going back, suggestions on a better home pc? with better support etc,,?

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
finally figured out how to email dell without a service tag from the dell community and here is the response i got;;
Dear ****(*(****
Thank you for contacting Dell Online Customer Care.

I understand from your e-mail that you are unable to register for the Windows 7 upgrade and also that the service tag on your computer shows as purchased outside United States. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand your concern and appreciate your feedback. Y

I have checked the records and it shows that the order number ****25424 is not a valid number. I also see that the service tag of your computer is not attached to the order. I would request you to kindly contact Wal-Mart and provide us the correct order number so that we may assist you further.

Sincerely,

Vandana Kaushal
Rep ID: 01169036
Dell Online Customer Care
http://support.dell.com
i have already called walmarts manager and they already pushed me to the electronics manager that is out to lunch until 1;30, i dont know how walmart will have anything to know *** is going on with a dell order# that was sent from dell supposedly,, i belive dell is going back, suggestions on a better home pc? with better support etc,,?
don't bother with the store manager...go to the district manager and up

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
finally found the district manager but not in, bill can you tell me in your opinion , do i really need to register this? i mean is warranty the reason to register? i mean if i dont register whats the consequences? , thanks got ahold of an assistant at district man. office says they have an electronics district manager that may call me back too, hope and change is here,,, rolmao

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
finally found the district manager but not in, bill can you tell me in your opinion , do i really need to register this? i mean is warranty the reason to register? i mean if i dont register whats the consequences? , thanks got ahold of an assistant at district man. office says they have an electronics district manager that may call me back too, hope and change is here,,, rolmao
it's your call...but if you have problems now..what happens if something serious happens, Dell will not help on the warranty

I doubt you got the only computer from them with this problem, you just might be the only one who found out

if you used credit card, I would get them involved also

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
almost had it with dell, posted on the dell community and got this email

Your post was deleted by TOS20.

Subject: Re: service tag/expess service code invalid/not recognized

Reason: Hello Jj20030,

We are writing in reference to your post in the DELL COMMUNITY.

While we value your participation in the Dell Community, we have removed the post described above because it violates the Dell Community Terms of Service. You may remember that you agreed to abide by these Terms of Service when you registered with our website. If you would like to review the Terms of Service, you can find them at the following link: http://en.community.dell.com/content/TOS.aspx

We encourage you to edit your post to comply with the Terms of Service, and resubmit it. In order to assist you in reposting your message, we note that your post violates our Terms of Service for the following reason:

Your post contains language that we believe to be harassing, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable. Use of such language violates the Terms of Service, and must be deleted in order to allow your post. Prohibited words and phrases include those in which certain letters have been replaced with alternate characters. Unlawful language may include any statements that might reasonably be interpreted as a violation of the intellectual property rights of any person, including a trademark, copyright or patent.

For your convenience, a copy of the original post also appears at the end of this message. Please keep in mind that continued violations of the Terms of Service may cause you to lose your posting privileges.

Thanks for cooperating and participating in the Dell Community.

Sincerely,

DTP09233
Dell Community Administration Services
This message is a private communication between the Dell Community and you and should not be posted to the message boards. Public posting of this message may result in immediate banning of your Dell Community account.

well here is the reply from dell;;; finally figured out how to email dell without a service tag from the dell community and here is the response i got;; Dear ****(*(**** Thank you for contacting Dell Online Customer Care. I understand from your e-mail that you are unable to register for the Windows 7 upgrade and also that the service tag on your computer shows as purchased outside United States. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand your concern and appreciate your feedback. Y I have checked the records and it shows that the order number ****25424 is not a valid number. I also see that the service tag of your computer is not attached to the order. I would request you to kindly contact Wal-Mart and provide us the correct order number so that we may assist you further. Sincerely, Vandana Kaushal Rep ID: 01169036 Dell Online Customer Care http://support.dell.com i have already called walmarts manager and they already pushed me to the electronics manager that is out to lunch until 1;30, i dont know how walmart will have anything to know *** is going on with a dell order# that was sent from dell supposedly,, i belive dell is going back, suggestions on a better home pc? with better support etc,,?

Thank you,
DELL COMMUNITY team,,,,,,,,,,,, heres what others say about the guy who deleted us
l http://en.community.dell.com/Search/SearchResults.aspx?q=TOS20

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
Sorry to hear this but I still don't think it's Dells fault. I believe walmart is the problem. Walmart has somehow got their hands on computers to be shipped overseas and is selling them here in the USA. If the walmart DM did not resolve this issue today, I would be in contact with their Regional manager and I would also contact the State's Attorney General. If you did use a credit card, I would contact them as well.
One thing with dell is I wonder why they have not started an investigation? I would think US Customs might be interested. I'm not sure if there is a problem with selling computers here that were to be sent overseas but I do know some computers sold here are banned from going overseas. If anything it could even be a tax issue. I don't know just guessing right now. Something is fishy. I doubt walmart bought that one dell computer...my guess is they have a lot of them in that store and even more in that district just waiting to be sold to customers that will have the same issues.

Please keep us updated

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
almost had it with dell, posted on the dell community and got this email

Your post was deleted by TOS20.

Subject: Re: service tag/expess service code invalid/not recognized

Reason: Hello Jj20030,

We are writing in reference to your post in the DELL COMMUNITY.

While we value your participation in the Dell Community, we have removed the post described above because it violates the Dell Community Terms of Service. You may remember that you agreed to abide by these Terms of Service when you registered with our website. If you would like to review the Terms of Service, you can find them at the following link: http://en.community.dell.com/content/TOS.aspx

We encourage you to edit your post to comply with the Terms of Service, and resubmit it. In order to assist you in reposting your message, we note that your post violates our Terms of Service for the following reason:

Your post contains language that we believe to be harassing, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable. Use of such language violates the Terms of Service, and must be deleted in order to allow your post. Prohibited words and phrases include those in which certain letters have been replaced with alternate characters. Unlawful language may include any statements that might reasonably be interpreted as a violation of the intellectual property rights of any person, including a trademark, copyright or patent.

For your convenience, a copy of the original post also appears at the end of this message. Please keep in mind that continued violations of the Terms of Service may cause you to lose your posting privileges.

Thanks for cooperating and participating in the Dell Community.

Sincerely,

DTP09233
Dell Community Administration Services
This message is a private communication between the Dell Community and you and should not be posted to the message boards. Public posting of this message may result in immediate banning of your Dell Community account.

well here is the reply from dell;;; finally figured out how to email dell without a service tag from the dell community and here is the response i got;; Dear ****(*(**** Thank you for contacting Dell Online Customer Care. I understand from your e-mail that you are unable to register for the Windows 7 upgrade and also that the service tag on your computer shows as purchased outside United States. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand your concern and appreciate your feedback. Y I have checked the records and it shows that the order number ****25424 is not a valid number. I also see that the service tag of your computer is not attached to the order. I would request you to kindly contact Wal-Mart and provide us the correct order number so that we may assist you further. Sincerely, Vandana Kaushal Rep ID: 01169036 Dell Online Customer Care http://support.dell.com i have already called walmarts manager and they already pushed me to the electronics manager that is out to lunch until 1;30, i dont know how walmart will have anything to know *** is going on with a dell order# that was sent from dell supposedly,, i belive dell is going back, suggestions on a better home pc? with better support etc,,?

Thank you,
DELL COMMUNITY team,,,,,,,,,,,, heres what others say about the guy who deleted us
l http://en.community.dell.com/Search/SearchResults.aspx?q=TOS20
I would be on Walmarts rear like stink on .........well you know.

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
faxed the district manager a receipt yesterday, never talked to her an assistant, have not heard back, just called and had to leave message, got ahold of a dell lady i think in austin that is looking into it, jus waiting, but still wont let me register it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts