2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
I got my 2017 Denali deleted right after Christmas. It’s a EFI Live tunes but custome tunes by PBD Diesel out of Selma. Totally new truck. Highly recommend y’all guys doing it, very affordable. It’s not what everyone thinks these trucks are running to get deleted.
What is the difference on the tunes when you say EFI live, is it adjustable tunes. relentless installs a EFI delete tune it's not adjustable they said they can bump up the HP at the install, but it doesn't have multiple tunes. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
What is the difference on the tunes when you say EFI live, is it adjustable tunes. relentless installs a EFI delete tune it's not adjustable they said they can bump up the HP at the install, but it doesn't have multiple tunes. Thanks
Yes it’s adjustable, mine has 4 settings. Stock, street 35 extra HP, tow 85 extra HP and performance 115 extra HP. I run mine on tow all the time, that’s when I see the best fuel economy and performance just as in daily driving.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Has anyone used relentless diesel performance in Willis) My 15 duramax just dropped the
Error codes P0420 catalyst low efficiency (Bank 1), Catalytic Converters
Only 83500miles crazy anyone else had this problem with there Chevy low miles it's a
$1.200 fix. At 45000 the def tank went out at least it was under warranty that's a $800-$900 fix every time I think It's time for a delete. And maybe the cost.
Yes I have and would use him again. He did some great work on my '04 LB7. Has his own dyno also.

·
Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast...
329 Posts
Banks and AFE Power have a few things out for it but no full delete kits I know of. I have a 17 Dually but don't plan on touching it as long as I have my warranty.

http://shop.bankspower.com/c-95-vehicle-specific-2017-chevy-duramax-l5p.html

http://afepower.com/new-2017-chevygmc-duramax-l5p-performance-parts-intake-exhaust-tuner
I went with the Banks Ram Air Intake. It took about thirty minutes to install, but only because I had to go to the parts store to replace the screws I lost. Other than that, it sounds better, a little more power, and better highway mileage.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That looks nice!

I still have not pulled the trigger the $6k price tag still has me with sticker shock.

I have been kicking around the derrangger cold air intake and exhaust from banks.

Truck currently has 75k on the miles still have extended warranty and bought a daily driver so still kicking things around.

Thanks for all the input

Tom

·
Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast...
329 Posts
That looks nice!

I still have not pulled the trigger the $6k price tag still has me with sticker shock.

I have been kicking around the derrangger cold air intake and exhaust from banks.

Truck currently has 75k on the miles still have extended warranty and bought a daily driver so still kicking things around.

Thanks for all the input

Tom
Don't forget the derranger tuner. Combined with the the intake and exhaust, you should have over 500hp and 1000lbs of torque. I'm looking to score the tuner here soon. And from what I've gathered, it won't void the factory warranty.

https://www.bankspower.com/i-2813-d...C||model=SIERRA 2500 HD||submodel=6.6L DIESEL

·
Registered
578 Posts
I void warranties! the reason you tune and delete them for most people fixs the only issues you are going to have in the first 100k. which is your dpf and egr system. pay the money and be done with it. plus you will love your truck even more! if you have an l5p you are looking at the fastest and cheapest way to 700+ hp by just deleting and tuning the truck. good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Anyone have any feed back on someone local for doing turning and delete?

Also anyone upgraded fuel filter system on the L5p this plastic setup sucks.

Thx

Tom

·
Read Only
0 Posts
21 - 33 of 33 Posts