2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some input on delete and tune on 2017 duramax 2500.

Anyone have one done pros cons etc? Where is a good reputable place??

Thanks

Tom

·
Jeremiah 29:11
5,815 Posts
Maybe someone has finally done it, but as far I know, I don't think anyone has cracked into the L5P computers yet.. Could be wrong though. If someone has found a way around it, I'd definitely do it.

Not to derail, but how are you liking that truck? The only Duramax I haven't driven yet is that L5P.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm interested as well.. Just bought a new 2018 HD2500 and wanted some input. After 3 Ford F250's and the last 2010 6.4L only making 164K, I've switched to GMC Dura-Max...

·
Jeremiah 29:11
5,815 Posts
I'm interested as well.. Just bought a new 2018 HD2500 and wanted some input. After 3 Ford F250's and the last 2010 6.4L only making 164K, I've switched to GMC Dura-Max...
Good choice and welcome to having a man card. Duramax with that Allison transmission is hard to beat

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The truck is great pulls very well and is very good throttle response it gets up and goes pretty good.

Just thinking of doing something’s to it in the future wanting to get a few ideas.

Thx

Tom

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
The announcement was just made. 2500 to reflash your ECU. It has to be sent to IL to be done then reinstalled with the deletes. By the time you add 5 inch turbo back, tunes and the delete, You are in for 6k

Worth Every single penny!!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Has anyone used relentless diesel performance in Willis) My 15 duramax just dropped the
Error codes P0420 catalyst low efficiency (Bank 1), Catalytic Converters
Only 83500miles crazy anyone else had this problem with there Chevy low miles it's a
$1.200 fix. At 45000 the def tank went out at least it was under warranty that's a $800-$900 fix every time I think It's time for a delete. And maybe the cost.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Has anyone used relentless diesel performance in Willis) My 15 duramax just dropped the
Error codes P0420 catalyst low efficiency (Bank 1), Catalytic Converters
Only 83500miles crazy anyone else had this problem with there Chevy low miles it's a
$1.200 fix. At 45000 the def tank went out at least it was under warranty that's a $800-$900 fix every time I think It's time for a delete. And maybe the cost.
Not the answer to the question you posted, but I believe emissions components warranty is 100K miles

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got my 2017 Denali deleted right after Christmas. It’s a EFI Live tunes but custome tunes by PBD Diesel out of Selma. Totally new truck. Highly recommend y’all guys doing it, very affordable. It’s not what everyone thinks these trucks are running to get deleted.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts