2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A constitutional amendment to ban flag desecration died in a Senate cliffhanger Tuesday, a single vote short of the support needed to send it to the states for ratification. The flag amounts to a national monument in cloth that represents freedom and the sacrifice of American troops.

Among possible presidential contenders in 2008, six voted yes: Democrat Evan Bayh of Indiana and Republicans George Allen of Virginia, Sam Brownback of Kansas, Frist, Chuck Hagel of Nebraska, and John McCain of Arizona.

Five, all Democrats, voted no: Joseph Biden of Delaware, Hillary rodham Clinton of new york, Christopher Dodd of Conn, Ressell Feingold of Wisc., and John Kerry of Mass. This is a disgrace....those 5, as well as the othes that voted no, are no better than Benedict Arnold. And I am sure they will be flag waving this 4th of July!

Sorry for the rant, but this is just demoralizing and disgusting that we have some political leaders that would vote against this!

·
Super Moderator
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Grayfish...I was looking for that!

Lets see...30 Dem voted against it, 3 Repubs and 1 Indep. Suprises me that 3 Repubs were on that list....no suprises with the Dems!

Based upon the unanimous Nay votes, I guess you could assume all the people in the following states must like desecrating the flag:
Connecticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Illinois
Maryland
Massachusetts
New York
North Dakota
Rhode Island
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin

I bet the vets in those state are plenty steamed! A sad day for America!

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
I understand your anger Chuck but look at the big picture and remember; "distraction is the key to illusion".

·
Banned
756 Posts
Watch in years to come for the Constitution to become the Incorporation of the United States.
Somebody told me years ago watch for the money to change colors. I didn't believe him.

I see that Kerry once again showed his true Character.
I am praying that Senator Kennedy is blessed with a trip to Heaven. He has become a tool of the enemy. It seems he stands for every thing that is contrary to wholesome living.

·
Duty Is Our's; Consequences are God's!
7,615 Posts
Chuck said:
Thanks Grayfish...I was looking for that!

Lets see...30 Dem voted against it, 3 Repubs and 1 Indep. Suprises me that 3 Repubs were on that list....no suprises with the Dems!

Based upon the unanimous Nay votes, I guess you could assume all the people in the following states must like desecrating the flag:
Connecticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Illinois
Maryland
Massachusetts
New York
North Dakota
Rhode Island
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin

I bet the vets in those state are plenty steamed! A sad day for America!
Funny, it looks like all the good ole southern states respect the flag. It was them Yankee states and some misguided add ons that are against it. Never thought I would see the day when it would be legal to disrespect our flag. I know my dad as well as many great Americans that came before us are rolling over in their graves at the thought.

Derek

1 - 10 of 10 Posts