2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

deer verses squirrels question

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  haparks 
#1 ·
went hunting with the daughter this morning --and saw more squirrels than i have seen in an entire life time---when this happens-- i never ---i mean never see deer--but --when i see deer i never see squirrels--does this seem to happen to u-- or is this just another instance where im just crazy:rolleyes: ps the deer are not hitting the feeder the corn is just pilin up--its still in the mid 70's here in the after noon and its the midle of november

#5 ·
I'm not much of a deer hunter, and when I do hunt them it's not in squirrely places. But the cable's still broke so I'll take a wild arsed guess.

Lots of squirrels can mean a very good mast crop. Good mast crop, plus warm temps, means deer don't have to move to feed. So maybe theres a little bit of cause and effect there.

Or it could just be you're crazy.

#10 ·
Maybe the squirrels are toten' corn and acorns to the deer. Sort of a room service thing.
The deer at my house have not changed their pattern in a month. Still coming in the yard about dark and raiding the bird feeders and flower beds.

#11 ·
Actually I like the limb rats to be around when deer huntn, they will for sure let you know when somethings comming, run up a tree and start 'barking' usually when this happens I'll pick up my bow or gun, they are your friend while huntn...WW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.