2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
the love of my life
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went hunting with the daughter this morning --and saw more squirrels than i have seen in an entire life time---when this happens-- i never ---i mean never see deer--but --when i see deer i never see squirrels--does this seem to happen to u-- or is this just another instance where im just crazy:rolleyes: ps the deer are not hitting the feeder the corn is just pilin up--its still in the mid 70's here in the after noon and its the midle of november

·
I Member Like It Was Yesterday
3,473 Posts
went hunting with the daughter this morning --and saw more squirrels than i have seen in an entire life time---when this happens-- i never ---i mean never see deer--but --when i see deer i never see squirrels--does this seem to happen to u-- or is this just another instance where im just crazy:rolleyes: ps the deer are not hitting the feeder the corn is just pilin up--its still in the mid 70's here in the after noon and its the midle of november
Your gonna have to get out ther and pick up all those loose acorns. LOL Still lots of green grass they can eat (just not cold enough). Happy hunting.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I'm not much of a deer hunter, and when I do hunt them it's not in squirrely places. But the cable's still broke so I'll take a wild arsed guess.

Lots of squirrels can mean a very good mast crop. Good mast crop, plus warm temps, means deer don't have to move to feed. So maybe theres a little bit of cause and effect there.

Or it could just be you're crazy.

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
Go out one moring and pop a few witht he .22. At least you can eat em'

·
I Member Like It Was Yesterday
3,473 Posts
its what i figured on the temp but deer verses squirels what u think
Two friends hunt in the piney woods this past weekend. Don't know about the squirels but thay also had lots of corn on the ground. If their hungry for corn, their gonna come. I'm thinking there's too much green for them to eat.

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
Maybe the squirrels are toten' corn and acorns to the deer. Sort of a room service thing.
The deer at my house have not changed their pattern in a month. Still coming in the yard about dark and raiding the bird feeders and flower beds.

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
Actually I like the limb rats to be around when deer huntn, they will for sure let you know when somethings comming, run up a tree and start 'barking' usually when this happens I'll pick up my bow or gun, they are your friend while huntn...WW

·
the love of my life
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya we had tons of corn on the ground no deer there not coming to the feeders in the jefferson tx area

Two friends hunt in the piney woods this past weekend. Don't know about the squirels but thay also had lots of corn on the ground. If their hungry for corn, their gonna come. I'm thinking there's too much green for them to eat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts