2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brother-in-law and I are going hunting here pretty soon. the place we are going wants the does taken. He doesn't have room in his freezer for one of the does, but I do. What do I have to do legally to take his deer so I don't get in trouble and am able to take it to the processor.

of course this is if we get lucky enough to have this problem.

thanks

·
Old Man
7,686 Posts
yup, tags - the processor just needs the tags or a resource document (available in the outdoor annual) to record the information into his logs.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool thanks guys I was just wanting to make sure we did everything by the book

·
Native Texan
10,973 Posts
What about a chain/exchange of custody letter from the shooter? I know it's required for fish and birds, not sure about game that are tagged. We always do it just in case.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Legally you need a short letter from the person whose name is on the tag stating that you have been given this deer to transport for him, otherwise if you get stopped by a game warden having a bad day (read po'd game warden), you can be fined....

·
Registered
167 Posts
A person may give, leave, receive, or possess any species of legally taken wildlife resource, or part of the resource, that is required to have a tag or permit attached or that is protected by a bag or possession limit if the wildlife resource is accompanied by a Wildlife Resource Document (WRD)
(PDF 174.9 KB) from the person who killed or caught the wildlife resource.
  • For deer or antelope, a properly executed WRD shall accompany the wildlife resource or part of the resource until it reaches its final destination and is quartered. For turkey, the WRD must remain attached until the turkey reaches its final destination and is finally processed (see definitions).
    • NO WRD is required to possess a wildlife resource that is required to be tagged if the wildlife resource is tagged.
  • For all other wildlife resources, a properly executed WRD shall accompany the wildlife resource until it reaches the possessor's permanent residence or a cold storage/processing facility, except:
  • A person may use the online WRD form
    (PDF 174.9 KB) or a hand written WRD document that includes the same required information may be used.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdforms/media/pwd_980_l2000_wildlife_resource_document.pdf

It is in the Annual as well.

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
yup, tags - the processor just needs the tags or a resource document (available in the outdoor annual) to record the information into his logs.
This is all you need to do. I tear the page out and make copies. The head and cape can go one place and the meat to the processor. Just make sure the tag or WRD is with the head or the meat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts